Labette Community College
- Labette Community College provides affordable and accessible quality teaching and lifelong learning opportunities in a supportive environment that is respectful of individual values and social diversity, personal and community goals, and the needs of the ever-changing local and global economy.
The teacher population of 66 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Labette Community College||(KS) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||66 staff||66 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The College has evolved from a city college primarily serving those students who wished to transfer to a four-year institution to a comprehensive community college offering transfer degrees, professional/technical degrees and certificates, continuing education, customized training for business and industry, lifelong learning opportunities, and a variety of programs and services for Southeast Kansas and the four-state region. The Associate in Arts (AA), Associate in Science (AS), and Associate in General Studies (AGS) degrees are designed for students who plan to transfer to a four-year institution and pursue a baccalaureate degree. All degrees and concentrations available at LCC are described in this catalog. The Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree is for students who plan to seek employment after completing an associate degree in a professional/technical area. Labette Community College has a tradition of bringing musical events, theatrical productions and art displays to the people of Southeast Kansas. Parsons Kansas was founded in 1870. Parsons is located in an area of flat plains and rolling hills in northern Labette, [LB], County. Historically, Parsons began as a railroad town and it is still a transportation hub served by the Union Pacific and highways US-59, US-400, and US-160.
The nearest community college to Labette Community College is Neosho County Community College (25.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,968 students | 25.50 Mi800 W 14th St
Chanute, KS 66720
(620) 431-2820 25.501,968
- 910 students | 27.50 Mi1057 West College Avenue
Independence, KS 67301
(620) 331-4100 27.50910
- 1,898 students | 29.20 Mi400 W 11th St
Coffeyville, KS 67337
(620) 251-7700 29.201,898
- 1,897 students | 38.50 Mi200 I St NE
Miami, OK 74354
(918) 542-8441 38.501,897
- 2,540 students | 42.10 Mi1801 N Cottonwood
Iola, KS 66749
(620) 365-5116 42.102,540
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.