- Labette Community College provides affordable and accessible quality teaching and lifelong learning opportunities in a supportive environment that is respectful of individual values and social diversity, personal and community goals, and the needs of the ever-changing local and global economy.
- Enrollment: 1,464 students
- In-state tuition: $2,700
- Out-state tuition: $3,450
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 26%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The College has evolved from a city college primarily serving those students who wished to transfer to a four-year institution to a comprehensive community college offering transfer degrees, professional/technical degrees and certificates, continuing education, customized training for business and industry, lifelong learning opportunities, and a variety of programs and services for Southeast Kansas and the four-state region. The Associate in Arts (AA), Associate in Science (AS), and Associate in General Studies (AGS) degrees are designed for students who plan to transfer to a four-year institution and pursue a baccalaureate degree. All degrees and concentrations available at LCC are described in this catalog. The Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree is for students who plan to seek employment after completing an associate degree in a professional/technical area. Labette Community College has a tradition of bringing musical events, theatrical productions and art displays to the people of Southeast Kansas. Parsons Kansas was founded in 1870. Parsons is located in an area of flat plains and rolling hills in northern Labette, [LB], County. Historically, Parsons began as a railroad town and it is still a transportation hub served by the Union Pacific and highways US-59, US-400, and US-160.