Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College
- NEO A&M College was founded in 1919. Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College is one of the nation's premier two-year colleges and has a long tradition of serving the educational needs of our students with over 50 outstanding educational programs from which to choose.
The teacher population of 88 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College||(OK) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Baccalaureate Colleges: Diverse Fields|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||88 staff||59 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- As a comprehensive two-year college, NEO offers freshman and sophomore college courses in all academic areas. The curriculum includes general education classes for students who want to transfer credits to a Bachelor's Degree program at a four-year college or university. Two-year occupational programs and one-year certificate programs are also offered for students who want to enter the job market after completing one or two years of college-level study. The basic curricula contain freshman and sophomore courses for students who intend to pursue a baccalaureate degree after leaving Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College. Occupational programs provide opportunities for those who plan to enter the work force upon graduation. Other educational programs provide for furthering the cultural, occupational, recreational, and enrichment opportunities for those in the community desiring to study, with or without credit, in specific areas of theirinterest. NEO is a unique junior college offering student activities found only in most four year universities. With dormitories, over forty student activities and organizations, competitive team sports (baseball, cheer, men's & women's baskeball, golf, football, softball, and volleyball), chorus, theatre, and Ag teams, students are sure to experience a true university atmosphere at our small, affordable, friendly college. Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission – a commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The nearest community college to Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College is Crowder College (28.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,401 students | 28.30 Mi601 Laclede Ave
Neosho, MO 64850
(417) 451-3223 28.304,401
- 2,178 students | 38.50 Mi200 S 14th
Parsons, KS 67357
(620) 421-6700 38.502,178
- 1,898 students | 43.00 Mi400 W 11th St
Coffeyville, KS 67337
(620) 251-7700 43.001,898
- 7,979 students | 51.10 MiOne College Drive
Bentonville, AR 72712
(479) 986-4000 51.107,979
- 910 students | 52.00 Mi1057 West College Avenue
Independence, KS 67301
(620) 331-4100 52.00910
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.