Independence Community College
- Independence Community College provides quality higher education, lifelong learning, economic development, cultural enrichment and global awareness for its community through transfer, technical, community and college preparatory education programs.
- The teacher population of 53 teachers has declined by 17% over five years.
|Independence Community College||(KS) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||53 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||945 students||1,551 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||537 students||653 students|
|# Part-Time Students||408 students||898 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||300|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,300||$34,000|
- Independence Community College (ICC) is located south of Independence, Kansas, on 68 acres of beautiful rolling grounds. Independence, a city of 11,000 population located in southeastern Kansas, is the county seat of Montgomery County. The ICC campus is part of the area's civic and cultural excellence. ICC is an educational service center for communities in the Southeast Kansas area. It attracts students from not only area high schools but also from out-of-state and from several foreign countries. Thousands of students have attended ICC since it was founded in 1925 as grades 13 and 14 of the Independence public school system. Until 1970 the students attended classes in the senior high school buildings. The 68-acre campus includes the Academic Building, Fine Arts Building, Student Union, Cessna Learning Center, Field House, Administration Building, parking lots, athletic and physical education practice fields, a lake, and a 96-bed multi-structure living center complex, as well as a new 200 bed residence hall. The ICC School of Cosmetology, Adult Basic Education, and the Safety, Health and Wellness offices are located off-campus at the Downtown Learning Center in the Independence Corporate Office Building in downtown Independence.
- The nearest community college to Independence Community College is Coffeyville Community College (12.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,608 students | 12.50 Mi400 W 11th St
Coffeyville,  KS  67337
- 1,891 students | 27.30 Mi200 S 14th
Parsons,  KS  67357
- 2,212 students | 35.40 Mi800 W 14th St
Chanute,  KS  66720
- 2,274 students | 51.90 Mi200 I St NE
Miami,  OK  74354
- 2,628 students | 54.20 Mi1801 N Cottonwood
Iola,  KS  66749