Allen County Community College
- The purpose of Allen County Community College is to make quality education and support services available in a caring atmosphere to all who seek them within the service area. Based on the belief that learning and self-improvement are continuous processes, the College is committed to providing a wide range of educational programs to assist all students in reaching their academic, occupational, and personal potential at a reasonable cost.
The teacher population of 80 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Allen County Community College||(KS) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||80 staff||66 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Allen County Community College is located at the north edge of Iola and has a modern campus which compliments the gently rolling hills of the Neosho River Valley. Iola, served by U.S. Highways 54 and 169, is within a two-hour drive of Kansas City, Wichita, and Topeka, as well as Joplin, Missouri, and Tulsa, Oklahoma. Since 1923, Allen County Community College has provided exceptional educational services to the citizens of Kansas. Quality and access have been primary concerns of the College from its beginning. The college now enrolls approximately 2,500 students each semester in the programs offered on the campuses in Iola and Burlingame, over Interactive Television, on the Internet, and at the outreach sites located within the six-county service area. ACCC will remain cognizant of the needs of its service area and responsive to those needs with new programs and services that can be implemented quickly, effectively, and efficiently. ACCC's quality comes in large part from its competent faculty who are dedicated to the art of teaching. Both those who are employed full-time at the College and those who teach on an adjunct basis are committed to their students and encourage excellence. Complementing the faculty are excellent student services and support staff who have committed themselves to the concepts of student success and service. Outstanding physical facilities are available on and off campus. The main campus provides one of the finest community college libraries in the state and an excellent instructional resource center, both of which are available to all students who take classes from the College. Modern equipment and teaching aids are available to all instructors and students at all of our sites.
The nearest community college to Allen County Community College is Neosho County Community College (18.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,968 students | 18.90 Mi800 W 14th St
Chanute, KS 66720
(620) 431-2820 18.901,968
- 1,868 students | 38.10 Mi2108 S Horton
Fort Scott, KS 66701
(620) 223-2700 38.101,868
- 2,178 students | 42.10 Mi200 S 14th
Parsons, KS 67357
(620) 421-6700 42.102,178
- 910 students | 54.30 Mi1057 West College Avenue
Independence, KS 67301
(620) 331-4100 54.30910
- 1,425 students | 55.80 Mi3301 W 18th St
Emporia, KS 66801
(620) 343-4600 55.801,425
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.