Coffeyville Community College
Coffeyville Community College Photo #2 - Just a few of those who participated in CCC's Holi Festival of Color
- Coffeyville Community College/Area Technical School is dedicated to providing quality comprehensive educational opportunities to students by focusing on their quests for self-development in the areas of general education, academic transfer preparation, technical training, customized education and lifelong learning.
- The teacher population of 49 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Coffeyville Community College||(KS) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||49 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,608 students||1,551 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||963 students||653 students|
|# Part-Time Students||645 students||898 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||300|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,500||$34,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Coffeyville Community College is a comprehensive community college with three campuses. The college offers transfer degree programs designed for students seeking a four-year university degree and technical programs for students who desire a career in fields such as computer networking, welding, automotive repair and many other vocations. Instruction is offered in a traditional classroom format and on-line. Coffeyville Community College/Area Technical School was established in 1923 and was among the first such institutions to be chartered by the State of Kansas. It was founded at the request of the voters of the Coffeyville school district to provide two years of college for students who, at that time, had graduated from Coffeyville High School. Coffeyville Community College takes pride in offering a wide variety of quality technical and transfer degree programs. The college participates in several athletic activities as a member of the Kansas Jayhawk Community College Conference and the National Junior College Athletic Association. Coffeyville Community College is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Coffeyville Community College is Independence Community College (12.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 945 students | 12.50 Mi1057 West College Avenue
Independence,  KS  67301
- 1,891 students | 29.20 Mi200 S 14th
Parsons,  KS  67357
- 2,274 students | 42.90 Mi200 I St NE
Miami,  OK  74354
- 2,212 students | 44.70 Mi800 W 14th St
Chanute,  KS  66720
- 4,030 students | 49.30 Mi1701 W Will Rogers Blvd
Claremore,  OK  74017
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.