Katharine Gibbs School-New York City (Closed 2009)
- The mission of the Katharine Gibbs School - New York is to provide its students with the foundation for lifelong learning. Whether they choose to continue their education or enter the workforce, Gibbs graduates are trained to succeed.
|Katharine Gibbs School-New York City||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Enrollment||655 students||1,701 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2010 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- In recent years, with the call for faster business processes and technological innovations, today's leading corporations demand an even sharper, more highly skilled professional than in years past. With our ever- expanding array of comprehensive, quality educational programs, Katharine Gibbs - New York will continue to uphold the guiding principles that this school was founded upon in 1911. Gibbs prepares their graduates for ongoing success. Katharine Gibbs School New York offers certificate and specialized degree programs in the business, administration, technology, design and criminal justice fields. The school offers degrees in Business Administration, Computer Networking, Criminal Justice, Digital Filmmaking & Multimedia, Digital Media Communications, Fashion Design and Merchandising, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Office Administration and Visual Communications. At Gibbs - New York, we believe in creating a dynamic learning environment, both inside and outside of the classroom. Whether students need help within individual courses or are simply looking to expand their horizons through a variety of social, cultural and educational activities, we provide the resources to enable our students' success. We offer Mentoring and tutoring services, Confidential counseling services, Housing options & services, Workshops on resume writing and interviewing techniques, Career Services assistance after graduation and Refresher courses for alumni to keep them up to speed.
- The nearest community college to Katharine Gibbs School-New York City is Berkeley College-New York (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,525 students | 0.20 Mi3 East 43 Street
New York,  NY  10017
- 411 students | 0.20 Mi8 E 40th St
New York,  NY  10016
- 490 students | 0.30 Mi500 7th Ave
New York,  NY  10018
- 253 students | 0.50 Mi120 Madison Ave
New York,  NY  10016
- 9,764 students | 0.70 Mi227 W 27th St
New York,  NY  10001
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.