- Kansas City Kansas Community College is a public, urban, open-door, and comprehensive community college committed to excellence in higher education. Through an accessible and supportive learning environment, the college mission is to provide higher education and lifelong learning to the varied communities, primarily in its service area of Wyandotte and Leavenworth counties.
Kansas City Kansas Community College serves 5,148 students (30% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is lower than the state community college average of 10:1.
Minority enrollment is 55% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is more than the state average of 37%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 5,148 students
- In-state tuition: $2,640
- Out-state tuition: $6,660
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 55%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Kansas City Kansas Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Kansas for:
The teacher population of 549 teachers has grown by 117% over five years.
Kansas City Kansas Community College
(KS) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Kansas City Kansas Community College has declined by 11% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five years.
The Kansas City Kansas Community College diversity score of 0.72 is more than the state average of 0.57. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,640 is less than the state average of $3,484. The in-state tuition has declined by 18% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $6,660 is more than the state average of $4,443. The out-state tuition has declined by 17% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Kansas City Kansas Community College seeks to provide an educational environment that encourages a strong commitment to high academic standards that sustains and advances excellence in learning and encourages challenging, innovative, and varied programs, teaching methods, and delivery systems; enhances student intellectual and social development to the fullest extent possible; and stresses the attitudes, behaviors, responsibilities, and skills required for effective learning and citizenship in a multicultural democracy. The college provides transfer education in the liberal arts and sciences, career education in a technical or professional field, general education and support services, continuing education and developmental education. The college provides community services that offer cultural and recreational activities, provide access to college facilities, and that serve as a planning, research, and resource center to the college's varied communities. The college seeks to provide a multicultural environment that reflects and respects diversity and seeks to increase understanding and appreciation of differences. A campus environment that promotes the teaching and learning process through accessible, comfortable, safe, and well-maintained facilities.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Kansas City Kansas Community College cost?
Kansas City Kansas Community College's tuition is approximately $2,640 for In-State students and $6,660 for Out-State students.
What is Kansas City Kansas Community College's ranking?
Kansas City Kansas Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Kansas for: Diversity in US community colleges, Average community college minority breakdown and Largest student body.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.