Metropolitan Community College-Kansas City
- Located in a serene setting overlooking Longview Lake, Longview Community College is an artist's delight with its picturesque landscape surrounded in part by the white fencing that encircled the historic Longview Farm in its day.
- The teacher population of 595 teachers has grown by 262% over five years.
|Metropolitan Community College-Kansas City||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||595 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||18,222 students||1,147 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||6,983 students||514 students|
|# Part-Time Students||11,239 students||633 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.45||0.51|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,800||$31,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The history of Longview Community College is closely connected to the R.A. Long family. Long was a pioneer lumber baron whose country home, the magnificent Longview Mansion, was the focal point of the Longview Farm. In 1968, Long's daughters donated a 146-acre tract of land, formerly part of the Longview Farm, to the District for the purpose of building a college. The District targeted 1969 as the opening date. Over the years, Longview has built a tradition of excellence with its premier Program for Adult College Education (PACE), a nationally-acclaimed Automotive Technology program, exceptional Engineering and Human Services programs, and Writing Across the Curriculum. The writing program garnered national recognition for the college in 2001 when Longview was honored as a TIME magazine/ The Princeton Review "College of the Year" (the first community college to receive the honor). In 2003, Longview was designated by the New Media Consortium as a New Media Center for its innovation in the use of technology for teaching and learning. As a comprehensive system, the colleges offer transfer programs and nearly 70 occupational programs ranging from automotive technology to veterinary technology. The student body is characteristic of community college enrollments; students and staff reflect the ethnicity of the diverse local population. In addition, Longview has gained recognition for its ABLE program, which serves students with learning disabilities and brain injuries; Phi Theta Kappa honor society; and an award-winning Forensics program. A strong Community Education program offers noncredit learning opportunities for children, adults, and special populations.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 580 students | 6.90 Mi1001 E. 101st Terrace, Suite 325
Kansas City,  MO  64131
- 638 students | 9.90 Mi8955 E 38th Terrace
Kansas City,  MO  64129
- 646 students | 11.00 Mi3620 Arrowhead Avenue
Independence,  MO  64057
- 590 students | 12.90 Mi3239 Broadway
Kansas City,  MO  64111
- 382 students | 13.40 Mi10310 Mastin
Overland Park,  KS  66212
October 09, 2017
Forget the degree! Many community college students are landing good jobs with just a community college professional certificate.
October 07, 2017
October 07, 2017
Learn tips on how to support your child during during their transition to community college.