Tel: (636) 797-3000
- Jefferson College is a student-centered comprehensive community college, committed to providing an accessible, quality college experience as it strives to meet the diverse needs of the students and the community. Superior teaching and services foster a supportive learning environment, which promotes intellectual, social, and personal growth. A strong general education curriculum, college transfer and technical programs, personal enrichment courses, and on-campus experiences prepare students to succeed in their careers, further their education, and prosper in a diverse world. Jefferson College’s ongoing assessment of students, programs and services assures that it is a responsive and progressive community college.
The teacher population of 171 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Jefferson College||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||171 staff||32 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Each year Jefferson College graduates transfer successfully to many four-year colleges and universities to complete their Bachelor's degree. By completing their general education requirements at Jefferson College, these students enter the four-year institution at Junior standing. It's a great way to save money while preparing yourself academically. Jefferson College enrolls more than 4000 students each year in college credit courses. More than 10,000 students take part in credit and Extended Learning offerings annually. Jefferson College is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Jefferson College offers numerous programs in the "high tech" fields that are in high demand. These programs are designed to get you into the workforce in two years or less. Our Career & Technical Education graduates have experienced an average job placement rate of 97%, with starting salaries that rivaled or surpassed starting salaries of Bachelor degree graduates. Jefferson College sports teams compete annually at the national level. Four-year educational institutions recruit Jefferson College athletes because of their athletic and academic abilities. Women's athletic programs include volleyball and basketball. The men's athletic programs include baseball and tennis. Jefferson College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (formerly known as the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 225 students | 20.20 Mi964 South Highway Drive
Fenton,  MO  63026
(314) 344-4440 20.20225
- 406 students | 20.20 Mi1297 North Highway Drive
Fenton,  MO  63026
(636) 529-0000 20.20406
- 1,530 students | 22.40 Mi2645 Generations Dr
Wildwood,  MO  63040
(636) 422-2000 22.401,530
- 11,439 students | 22.60 Mi11333 Big Bend Blvd
Saint Louis,  MO  63122
(314) 984-7500 22.6011,439
- 3,222 students | 25.20 Mi1964 Prairie Dell Rd
Union,  MO  63084
(636) 584-6500 25.203,222
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!