Tel: (636) 797-3000
- Jefferson College is a student-centered comprehensive community college, committed to providing an accessible, quality college experience as it strives to meet the diverse needs of the students and the community. Superior teaching and services foster a supportive learning environment, which promotes intellectual, social, and personal growth. A strong general education curriculum, college transfer and technical programs, personal enrichment courses, and on-campus experiences prepare students to succeed in their careers, further their education, and prosper in a diverse world. Jefferson College’s ongoing assessment of students, programs and services assures that it is a responsive and progressive community college.
The teacher population of 171 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Jefferson College||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||171 staff||62 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Each year Jefferson College graduates transfer successfully to many four-year colleges and universities to complete their Bachelor's degree. By completing their general education requirements at Jefferson College, these students enter the four-year institution at Junior standing. It's a great way to save money while preparing yourself academically. Jefferson College enrolls more than 4000 students each year in college credit courses. More than 10,000 students take part in credit and Extended Learning offerings annually. Jefferson College is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Jefferson College offers numerous programs in the "high tech" fields that are in high demand. These programs are designed to get you into the workforce in two years or less. Our Career & Technical Education graduates have experienced an average job placement rate of 97%, with starting salaries that rivaled or surpassed starting salaries of Bachelor degree graduates. Jefferson College sports teams compete annually at the national level. Four-year educational institutions recruit Jefferson College athletes because of their athletic and academic abilities. Women's athletic programs include volleyball and basketball. The men's athletic programs include baseball and tennis. Jefferson College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (formerly known as the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 275 students | 20.20 Mi2 Soccer Park Drive
Fenton, MO 63026
(314) 344-4440 20.20275
- 467 students | 20.20 Mi1297 North Highway Drive
Fenton, MO 63026
(636) 529-0000 20.20467
- 1,530 students | 22.40 Mi2645 Generations Dr
Wildwood, MO 63040
(636) 422-2000 22.401,530
- 11,439 students | 22.60 Mi11333 Big Bend Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63122
(314) 984-7500 22.6011,439
- 2,629 students | 25.20 Mi1964 Prairie Dell Rd
Union, MO 63084
(636) 584-6500 25.202,629
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?