- Jefferson College is a student-centered comprehensive community college, committed to providing an accessible, quality college experience as it strives to meet the diverse needs of the students and the community. Superior teaching and services foster a supportive learning environment, which promotes intellectual, social, and personal growth. A strong general education curriculum, college transfer and technical programs, personal enrichment courses, and on-campus experiences prepare students to succeed in their careers, further their education, and prosper in a diverse world. Jefferson College’s ongoing assessment of students, programs and services assures that it is a responsive and progressive community college.
- The teacher population of 171 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Jefferson College||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||171 staff||32 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,882 students||1,126 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,548 students||514 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,334 students||612 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||204||200|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,800||$31,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Each year Jefferson College graduates transfer successfully to many four-year colleges and universities to complete their Bachelor's degree. By completing their general education requirements at Jefferson College, these students enter the four-year institution at Junior standing. It's a great way to save money while preparing yourself academically. Jefferson College enrolls more than 4000 students each year in college credit courses. More than 10,000 students take part in credit and Extended Learning offerings annually. Jefferson College is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Jefferson College offers numerous programs in the "high tech" fields that are in high demand. These programs are designed to get you into the workforce in two years or less. Our Career & Technical Education graduates have experienced an average job placement rate of 97%, with starting salaries that rivaled or surpassed starting salaries of Bachelor degree graduates. Jefferson College sports teams compete annually at the national level. Four-year educational institutions recruit Jefferson College athletes because of their athletic and academic abilities. Women's athletic programs include volleyball and basketball. The men's athletic programs include baseball and tennis. Jefferson College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (formerly known as the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 225 students | 20.20 Mi964 South Highway Drive
Fenton,  MO  63026
- 406 students | 20.20 Mi1297 North Highway Drive
Fenton,  MO  63026
- 1,530 students | 22.40 Mi2645 Generations Dr
Wildwood,  MO  63040
- 11,439 students | 22.60 Mi11333 Big Bend Blvd
Saint Louis,  MO  63122
- 3,222 students | 25.20 Mi1964 Prairie Dell Rd
Union,  MO  63084
Air traffic controllers enjoy secure, interesting work. Earning a degree in ATC at a community college is an excellent first step to securing a job.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.