St Louis College of Health Careers-Fenton
Tel: (636) 529-0000
- St. Louis College of Health Careers (SLCHC) fosters an environment of positive change and growth within itself, the community, and the greater St. Louis Metropolitan area. The College places special emphasis in assisting the unemployed or underemployed and those seeking to learn new job skills, thus moving individuals closer to full economic independence. SLCHC educates allied health professionals to meet the ever-changing needs of the health care sector. SLCHC develops and refines programs based on current health care trends. Since its founding, the College has embraced those seeking an avenue through which to improve their quality of life. Our goals at St. Louis College of Health Careers, are to Provide a supportive, flexible learning environment, Provide the opportunity for career training, Develop self-sufficient graduates, Provide ongoing outreach and guidance services that develop self-esteem and critical thinking, Assist in employment preparation and job search. St. Louis College of Health Careers has maintained a fundamental educational philosophy since its inception, and is dedicated to meeting the educational needs and professional expectations of its students. The College strives to prepare students to become competent members of the health care community. To this end, the College developed an educational structure that combines theoretical instruction with clinical experience in a specialized field, and believes this combination will best prepare students for technical careers in health care. SLCHC believes that a medical professional is best trained in a health care environment. For this reason, clinical experiences are offered within medical facilities in the St. Louis area, including hospitals, long-term care facilities, doctors? offices, and clinics. This allows clinical instruction in a modern health care environment. Qualified educators and health care professionals supervise both classroom instruction and the clinical experience.
The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|St Louis College of Health Careers-Fenton||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||41 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||9||7|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||85%||91%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$11,116||$11,083|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,364||$5,675|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to St Louis College of Health Careers-Fenton is Midwest Institute (0.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 275 students | 0.50 Mi2 Soccer Park Drive
Fenton,  MO  63026
(314) 344-4440 0.50275
- 11,439 students | 3.20 Mi11333 Big Bend Blvd
Saint Louis,  MO  63122
(314) 984-7500 3.2011,439
- 1,530 students | 9.80 Mi2645 Generations Dr
Wildwood,  MO  63040
(636) 422-2000 9.801,530
- 415 students | 10.90 Mi940 Westport Plaza
Saint Louis,  MO  63146
(314) 434-2212 10.90415
- 103 students | 12.80 Mi909 South Taylor Avenue
Saint Louis,  MO  63110
(314) 652-0300 12.80103
Learn about how the failure of the American auto industry, along with President Obama's education initiatives, will translate into increased enrollment in community college campuses.
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.