Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (314) 344-4440
- Midwest Institute offers career focused curriculum with hands on learning. This environment allows students to gain real world experience. From the first day of class, we will work with you as you experience the different stages of building your career. The needs of future employers is the foundation of this process. Our goal is to provide you with the tools necessary to enter your health care Career as an educated and marketable employee. Midwest Institute seeks students who have a sincere interest in the medical field. Your interest, motivation and commitment are a few of the factors measured when considering your acceptance to a program. Midwest Institute has earned an excellent reputation in the community and a solid job placement record for its students. Let us assist you in choosing the career path that best suits your aspirations and expectations. Our programs include medical assisting, dental assisting, veterinary assisting, pharmacy technician, massage therapy, medical office coding and billing, associate of occupational science degree in medical office assisting, associate of occupational science degree in medical massage science, HVAC technician.
The teacher population of 11 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Midwest Institute||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||62 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||7||7|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||85%||91%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$11,083|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$5,675|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Midwest Institute is St Louis College of Health Careers-Fenton (0.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 467 students | 0.50 Mi1297 North Highway Drive
Fenton,  MO  63026
(636) 529-0000 0.50467
- 11,439 students | 2.90 Mi11333 Big Bend Blvd
Saint Louis,  MO  63122
(314) 984-7500 2.9011,439
- 1,530 students | 10.30 Mi2645 Generations Dr
Wildwood,  MO  63040
(636) 422-2000 10.301,530
- 415 students | 11.00 Mi940 Westport Plaza
Saint Louis,  MO  63146
(314) 434-2212 11.00415
- 103 students | 12.50 Mi909 South Taylor Avenue
Saint Louis,  MO  63110
(314) 652-0300 12.50103
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.