Saint Louis Community College-Meramec
- Meramec offers unique career and technical programs in areas such as horticulture, occupational therapy assistant, physical therapist assistant, architectural technology, interior design and information reporting technology. The campus is home to the Center for Visual Technology, a set of state-of-the-art instruction labs containing the latest Macintosh computer workstations, operating systems and software available. The Center for Visual Technology is a component of the campus' Center of Excellence - Digital Arts and Technology Alliance and serves students who are training for careers in emerging visual arts areas. The art program is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
Saint Louis Community College-Meramec places among the top 20% of community colleges in Missouri for:
- The teacher population of 329 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Saint Louis Community College-Meramec||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||329 staff||32 staff|
|Total Enrollment||11,439 students||1,126 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||5,728 students||514 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,711 students||612 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,400||$32,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- St. Louis Community College is the largest community college system in Missouri and one of the largest in the United States. The college serves an area of approximately 700 square miles that includes the City of St. Louis, St. Louis County and portions of Jefferson and Franklin counties. St. Louis Community College's three campuses, Florissant Valley, Forest Park and Meramec, are shaped by their urban and suburban communities, and many programs are planned for the needs and special interests of their surrounding areas. The campuses offer freshman- and sophomore-level college transfer, career and developmental programs, plus non-credit continuing education courses. Each campus was designed to serve an area population of 400,000 to 600,000. Meramec is the largest single community college campus in Missouri – 13,000 college-credit students and more than 10,000 adult education students per semester. 70% of our students who plan to transfer, transfer to four-year universities. We offer more than 50 career programs. Meramec also provides diverse educational opportunities at its new South County Education and University Center, located at Meramec Bottom and Lemay Ferry Roads, and its West County Education Center in Ballwin. The college is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
- The nearest community college to Saint Louis Community College-Meramec is Midwest Institute (2.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 225 students | 2.30 Mi964 South Highway Drive
Fenton,  MO  63026
- 406 students | 3.10 Mi1297 North Highway Drive
Fenton,  MO  63026
- 21,218 students | 8.90 Mi300 South Broadway
Saint Louis,  MO  63102
- 415 students | 9.30 Mi940 Westport Plaza
Saint Louis,  MO  63146
- 305 students | 9.80 Mi909 South Taylor Avenue
Saint Louis,  MO  63110
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.