Saint Louis Community College-Meramec
- Meramec offers unique career and technical programs in areas such as horticulture, occupational therapy assistant, physical therapist assistant, architectural technology, interior design and information reporting technology. The campus is home to the Center for Visual Technology, a set of state-of-the-art instruction labs containing the latest Macintosh computer workstations, operating systems and software available. The Center for Visual Technology is a component of the campus' Center of Excellence - Digital Arts and Technology Alliance and serves students who are training for careers in emerging visual arts areas. The art program is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
- The teacher population of 329 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Saint Louis Community College-Meramec||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||329 staff||32 staff|
|Total Enrollment||11,439 students||1,126 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||5,728 students||514 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,711 students||612 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,400||$32,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- St. Louis Community College is the largest community college system in Missouri and one of the largest in the United States. The college serves an area of approximately 700 square miles that includes the City of St. Louis, St. Louis County and portions of Jefferson and Franklin counties. St. Louis Community College's three campuses, Florissant Valley, Forest Park and Meramec, are shaped by their urban and suburban communities, and many programs are planned for the needs and special interests of their surrounding areas. The campuses offer freshman- and sophomore-level college transfer, career and developmental programs, plus non-credit continuing education courses. Each campus was designed to serve an area population of 400,000 to 600,000. Meramec is the largest single community college campus in Missouri – 13,000 college-credit students and more than 10,000 adult education students per semester. 70% of our students who plan to transfer, transfer to four-year universities. We offer more than 50 career programs. Meramec also provides diverse educational opportunities at its new South County Education and University Center, located at Meramec Bottom and Lemay Ferry Roads, and its West County Education Center in Ballwin. The college is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
- The nearest community college to Saint Louis Community College-Meramec is Midwest Institute (2.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 225 students | 2.30 Mi964 South Highway Drive
Fenton,  MO  63026
- 406 students | 3.10 Mi1297 North Highway Drive
Fenton,  MO  63026
- 514 students | 3.20 Mi12900 Maurer Industrial Dr
Saint Louis,  MO  63127
- 308 students | 5.00 Mi9811 South Forty Drive
Saint Louis,  MO  63124
- 586 students | 6.20 Mi1405 South Hanley Road
Saint Louis,  MO  63144
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.