Saint Louis Community College-Meramec
Tel: (314) 984-7500
- Meramec offers unique career and technical programs in areas such as horticulture, occupational therapy assistant, physical therapist assistant, architectural technology, interior design and information reporting technology. The campus is home to the Center for Visual Technology, a set of state-of-the-art instruction labs containing the latest Macintosh computer workstations, operating systems and software available. The Center for Visual Technology is a component of the campus' Center of Excellence - Digital Arts and Technology Alliance and serves students who are training for careers in emerging visual arts areas. The art program is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
Saint Louis Community College-Meramec ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in Missouri for:
The teacher population of 329 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Saint Louis Community College-Meramec||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's--Public Urban-serving Multicampus||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||329 staff||62 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- St. Louis Community College is the largest community college system in Missouri and one of the largest in the United States. The college serves an area of approximately 700 square miles that includes the City of St. Louis, St. Louis County and portions of Jefferson and Franklin counties. St. Louis Community College's three campuses, Florissant Valley, Forest Park and Meramec, are shaped by their urban and suburban communities, and many programs are planned for the needs and special interests of their surrounding areas. The campuses offer freshman- and sophomore-level college transfer, career and developmental programs, plus non-credit continuing education courses. Each campus was designed to serve an area population of 400,000 to 600,000. Meramec is the largest single community college campus in Missouri – 13,000 college-credit students and more than 10,000 adult education students per semester. 70% of our students who plan to transfer, transfer to four-year universities. We offer more than 50 career programs. Meramec also provides diverse educational opportunities at its new South County Education and University Center, located at Meramec Bottom and Lemay Ferry Roads, and its West County Education Center in Ballwin. The college is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
The nearest community college to Saint Louis Community College-Meramec is Midwest Institute (2.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 275 students | 2.90 Mi2 Soccer Park Drive
Fenton, MO 63026
(314) 344-4440 2.90275
- 467 students | 3.20 Mi1297 North Highway Drive
Fenton, MO 63026
(636) 529-0000 3.20467
- 415 students | 9.30 Mi940 Westport Plaza
Saint Louis, MO 63146
(314) 434-2212 9.30415
- 103 students | 9.60 Mi909 South Taylor Avenue
Saint Louis, MO 63110
(314) 652-0300 9.60103
- 1,698 students | 10.90 Mi4431 Finney Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63113
(314) 371-0236 10.901,698
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?