- Meramec offers unique career and technical programs in areas such as horticulture, occupational therapy assistant, physical therapist assistant, architectural technology, interior design and information reporting technology. The campus is home to the Center for Visual Technology, a set of state-of-the-art instruction labs containing the latest Macintosh computer workstations, operating systems and software available. The Center for Visual Technology is a component of the campus' Center of Excellence - Digital Arts and Technology Alliance and serves students who are training for careers in emerging visual arts areas. The art program is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
Saint Louis Community College-Meramec serves 11,439 students (50% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 35:1 is higher than the state community college average of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 38%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 11,439 students
- In-state tuition: $3,690
- Out-state tuition: $4,740
- Student:teacher ratio: 35:1
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Saint Louis Community College-Meramec ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Missouri for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 329 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Saint Louis Community College-Meramec
(MO) Community College Avg.
Associate's--Public Urban-serving Multicampus
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Saint Louis Community College-Meramec has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 35:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Saint Louis Community College-Meramec diversity score of 1.00 is more than the state average of 0.56. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years) (Year 2010)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years) (Year 2010)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,690 is less than the state average of $4,464. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $4,740 is less than the state average of $6,120. The out-state tuition has grown by 6% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2010)
Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2010)
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- St. Louis Community College is the largest community college system in Missouri and one of the largest in the United States. The college serves an area of approximately 700 square miles that includes the City of St. Louis, St. Louis County and portions of Jefferson and Franklin counties. St. Louis Community College's three campuses, Florissant Valley, Forest Park and Meramec, are shaped by their urban and suburban communities, and many programs are planned for the needs and special interests of their surrounding areas. The campuses offer freshman- and sophomore-level college transfer, career and developmental programs, plus non-credit continuing education courses. Each campus was designed to serve an area population of 400,000 to 600,000. Meramec is the largest single community college campus in Missouri – 13,000 college-credit students and more than 10,000 adult education students per semester. 70% of our students who plan to transfer, transfer to four-year universities. We offer more than 50 career programs. Meramec also provides diverse educational opportunities at its new South County Education and University Center, located at Meramec Bottom and Lemay Ferry Roads, and its West County Education Center in Ballwin. The college is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Saint Louis Community College-Meramec cost?
Saint Louis Community College-Meramec's tuition is approximately $3,690 for In-State students and $4,740 for Out-State students.
What is Saint Louis Community College-Meramec's ranking?
Saint Louis Community College-Meramec ranks among the top 20% of community college in Missouri for: Least expensive tuition, Average community college minority breakdown, Largest student body and Least debt for graduating students.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.