- As a statewide, open-access, community college, Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana provides residents of Indiana with professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education for successful careers, personal development, and citizenship. Through its affordable, quality educational programs and services, the College strengthens Indiana's economy and enhances its cultural development.
Ivy Tech Community College-Southeast serves 2,699 students (52% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 26:1 is higher than the state community college average of 23:1.
Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 58%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 2,699 students
- In-state tuition: $3,257
- Out-state tuition: $6,761
- Student:teacher ratio: 26:1
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Ivy Tech Community College-Southeast ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 102 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Ivy Tech Community College-Southeast
(IN) Community College Avg.
Associate's--Public Rural-serving Medium
Less than 2 yrs
Less than 2 years (below associate)
The student population of Ivy Tech Community College-Southeast has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 26:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Ivy Tech Community College-Southeast diversity score of 1.00 is more than the state average of 0.62. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years) (Year 2010)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years) (Year 2010)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,257 is less than the state average of $3,797. The in-state tuition has grown by 15% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $6,761 is less than the state average of $8,083. The out-state tuition has grown by 19% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2010)
Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2010)
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Ivy Tech is a statewide open-admissions community college that has grown into the second-largest post-secondary institution in Indiana. Our programs lead to two-year, associate's degrees and one-year technical certificates. With 23 campuses and low tuition, Ivy Tech is both convenient and affordable. Ivy Tech Southeast consists of two campuses: Madison and Lawrenceburg, and one instructional site: Batesville. WIthin the southeast web site, you will find information covering each of the three locations in the southeast region. For individual site information, click on the Madison, Lawrenceburg, or Batesville links. Each year, Ivy Tech partners with four-year colleges and universities to add new transfer opportunities for our students. More and more Ivy Tech graduates are building on their associate's degrees and continuing to the bachelor's level. We also serve the state's businesses and workers with customized education and short-term skill-building programs. Many courses are designed to let professionals earn continuing education units. All of the programs and courses of study at Ivy Tech , like the entire Ivy Tech system, are fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Ivy Tech Community College-Southeast cost?
Ivy Tech Community College-Southeast's tuition is approximately $3,257 for In-State students and $6,761 for Out-State students.
What is Ivy Tech Community College-Southeast's ranking?
Ivy Tech Community College-Southeast ranks among the top 20% of community college in Indiana for: Least expensive tuition, Average community college minority breakdown and Least debt for graduating students.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.