Galen College of Nursing-Louisville
Galen College of Nursing-Louisville places among the top 20% of community colleges in Kentucky for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 73 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Galen College of Nursing-Louisville||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||73 staff||97 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||3||5|
|Total Enrollment||879 students||3,252 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||476 students||1,360 students|
|# Part-Time Students||403 students||1,892 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$38,900||$29,400|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||97%||97%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$20,000||$14,296|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$7,790||$6,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Galen College of Nursing-Louisville is Mid-America College Of Funeral Service (3.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 65 students | 3.60 Mi3111 Hamburg Pke
Jeffersonville,  IN  47130
- 13,550 students | 3.80 Mi109 E Broadway
Louisville,  KY  40202
- 3,489 students | 4.60 Mi3101 Bardstown Rd
Louisville,  KY  40205
- 439 students | 8.00 Mi10180 Linn Station Rd Ste A200
Louisville,  KY  40223
- 1,120 students | 8.20 Mi3605 Fern Valley Road
Louisville,  KY  40219
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.