Galen College of Nursing-Louisville
Galen College of Nursing-Louisville places among the top 20% of community colleges in Kentucky for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 73 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Galen College of Nursing-Louisville||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||73 staff||97 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||3||5|
|Total Enrollment||879 students||3,252 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||476 students||1,360 students|
|# Part-Time Students||403 students||1,892 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$38,900||$29,400|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||97%||97%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$20,000||$14,296|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$7,790||$6,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Galen College of Nursing-Louisville is Mid-America College Of Funeral Service (3.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 65 students | 3.60 Mi3111 Hamburg Pke
Jeffersonville,  IN  47130
- 13,550 students | 3.70 Mi109 E Broadway
Louisville,  KY  40202
- 3,575 students | 4.60 Mi3101 Bardstown Rd
Louisville,  KY  40205
- 439 students | 8.00 Mi10180 Linn Station Rd Ste A200
Louisville,  KY  40223
- 1,120 students | 8.20 Mi3605 Fern Valley Road
Louisville,  KY  40219
A new study by the Massachusetts Teachers Association has urged the state to hire more full-time faculty members at community colleges after uncovering a host of issues related to a growing adjunct faculty at these schools.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.