Galen College of Nursing-Louisville
Galen College of Nursing-Louisville places among the top 20% of community colleges in Kentucky for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 73 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Galen College of Nursing-Louisville||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||73 staff||97 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||3||5|
|Total Enrollment||879 students||3,252 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||476 students||1,360 students|
|# Part-Time Students||403 students||1,892 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$38,900||$29,400|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||97%||97%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$20,000||$14,296|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$7,790||$6,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Galen College of Nursing-Louisville is Mid-America College Of Funeral Service (3.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 65 students | 3.60 Mi3111 Hamburg Pke
Jeffersonville,  IN  47130
- 13,550 students | 3.80 Mi109 E Broadway
Louisville,  KY  40202
- 3,575 students | 4.60 Mi3101 Bardstown Rd
Louisville,  KY  40205
- 439 students | 8.00 Mi10180 Linn Station Rd Ste A200
Louisville,  KY  40223
- 1,120 students | 8.20 Mi3605 Fern Valley Road
Louisville,  KY  40219
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.