Ivy Tech Community College-South Central
- As a statewide, open-access, community college, Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana provides residents of Indiana with professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education for successful careers, personal development, and citizenship. Through its affordable, quality educational programs and services, the College strengthens Indiana 's economy and enhances its cultural develop.
- The teacher population of 119 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ivy Tech Community College-South Central||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||119 staff||28 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,719 students||1,806 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||40:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,837 students||507 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,882 students||1,299 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.00||0.58|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,000||$31,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana is a public community college which serves Southern Indiana and metropolitan Louisville. Ivy Tech offers career-focused degrees, general education and liberal arts courses, hundreds of internet courses, continuing education classes, and computer certification testing. You get all this at the lowest tuition rate of any public Indiana college! Ivy Tech Community College at Sellersburg offers Associate of Science Degrees, Associate of Applied Science Degrees, and Technical Certificates in general education, medical, technical, business, human services and computer fields. Most programs offer specialty areas to focus your career path to an even greater degree. Once you finish your Ivy Tech coursework, you may wish to continue your education to the bachelor's level or beyond. You can transfer Ivy Tech courses or degrees to many public and private colleges and universities. A variety of transfer agreements are in place--some are college-wide, and others cover individual Ivy Tech campuses. Ivy Tech's Workforce Certification and Assessment Centers are designed to help you advance your career by boosting your skills. With our courses, you build the exact skills you need for the certification you want. When you're ready, we'll even administer your certification exam.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 65 students | 5.50 Mi3111 Hamburg Pke
Jeffersonville,  IN  47130
- 879 students | 8.70 Mi1031 Zorn Avenue , Suite 400
Louisville,  KY  40207
- 13,550 students | 10.00 Mi109 E Broadway
Louisville,  KY  40202
- 315 students | 13.30 Mi3101 Bardstown Rd
Louisville,  KY  40205
- 365 students | 13.90 Mi3901 Atkinson Square Dr
Louisville,  KY  40218
December 01, 2017
Learn about trending community college topics this week such as San Francisco's move toward free tuition at community colleges and the rise in hunger and homelessness among community college students across the country.
December 01, 2017
This summer will be wrapping up before we know of it, and your first semester at community college is rapidly approaching. Are you ready for it?
December 01, 2017
To encourage students to pursue higher education, some states are considering plans to offer zero-tuition programs at public community colleges. These programs could make college a reality for many young people, however, critics argue such programs would cost taxpayers a significant amount of money.