Ivy Tech Community College-South Central
- As a statewide, open-access, community college, Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana provides residents of Indiana with professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education for successful careers, personal development, and citizenship. Through its affordable, quality educational programs and services, the College strengthens Indiana 's economy and enhances its cultural develop.
- The teacher population of 119 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ivy Tech Community College-South Central||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||119 staff||28 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,719 students||1,806 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||40:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,837 students||507 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,882 students||1,299 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,000||$29,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana is a public community college which serves Southern Indiana and metropolitan Louisville. Ivy Tech offers career-focused degrees, general education and liberal arts courses, hundreds of internet courses, continuing education classes, and computer certification testing. You get all this at the lowest tuition rate of any public Indiana college! Ivy Tech Community College at Sellersburg offers Associate of Science Degrees, Associate of Applied Science Degrees, and Technical Certificates in general education, medical, technical, business, human services and computer fields. Most programs offer specialty areas to focus your career path to an even greater degree. Once you finish your Ivy Tech coursework, you may wish to continue your education to the bachelor's level or beyond. You can transfer Ivy Tech courses or degrees to many public and private colleges and universities. A variety of transfer agreements are in place--some are college-wide, and others cover individual Ivy Tech campuses. Ivy Tech's Workforce Certification and Assessment Centers are designed to help you advance your career by boosting your skills. With our courses, you build the exact skills you need for the certification you want. When you're ready, we'll even administer your certification exam.
- The nearest community college to Ivy Tech Community College-South Central is Mid-America College Of Funeral Service (5.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 65 students | 5.50 Mi3111 Hamburg Pke
Jeffersonville,  IN  47130
- 879 students | 8.70 Mi1031 Zorn Avenue , Suite 400
Louisville,  KY  40207
- 13,550 students | 10.00 Mi109 E Broadway
Louisville,  KY  40202
- 3,462 students | 13.30 Mi3101 Bardstown Rd
Louisville,  KY  40205
- 365 students | 13.90 Mi3901 Atkinson Square Dr
Louisville,  KY  40218
To a graduating high school senior, grades are everything. But how do colleges view bad grades and can you still get into college without a perfect GPA? Keep reading to find out.
Though homeschoolers often get a bad rap, they are some of the highest performing students in the country - especially in college. Keep reading to learn more about community college for homeschoolers including tips for applying and preparing for college.
Remedial education exists to help struggling students succeed in college-level classes. Unfortunately, the existing model may be doing more harm than good. Keep reading to learn more about the history of remedial education and what community colleges are doing to change it.