Mid-America College Of Funeral Service
Top Ranked (2022): View Rankings
Tel: (812) 288-8878
Mid-America College Of Funeral Service ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 18 teachers has grown by 200% over five years.
|Mid-America College Of Funeral Service||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Four-Year: Other Special Focus Institutions||Associate's--Public Urban-serving Multicampus|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||18 staff||119 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||79%||88%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$14,288||$12,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,500||$5,500|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Mid-America College of Funeral Service is a non-profit institution dedicated to education and research for the funeral profession. Mid-America College of Funeral Service is the successor to the rich educational heritage of two historically prominent educational institutions of the area that have prepared men and women of all ages to successfully enter the funeral service profession. Today, Mid-America College proudly continues to provide a timely learning experience for its students, with a foundation firmly rooted in a century of tradition established by its predecessors?The Kentucky School of Mortuary Science, founded in Louisville, Kentucky in 1895, and the Indiana College of Mortuary Science, founded in Indianapolis, Indiana in 1905. Mid-America College of Funeral Service has long been recognized for its contemporary curriculum, personal attention to students, qualified and experienced faculty and the successful performance of our graduates on state and national licensing examinations. When combined with the areas excellent recreational facilities and opportunities, such as sport and recreational boating on the Ohio River, excellent fishing at many area lakes, the well maintained Metropolitan Parks System with its meticulous golf courses, picnic areas, and tennis courts as well as snow skiing during the winter months at nearby Paoli, Indiana, the student attending Mid-America College of Funeral Service will find a learning atmosphere and living environment which will greatly enrich his or her formal funeral service educational experience. Mid-America College offers three programs: a Cooperative Study Program, an Associate of Applied Science Degree (Funeral Service), and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Funeral Service. These educational programs are fully accredited and approved by the Committee on Accreditation of the American Board of Funeral Service Education and the Indiana Commission on Proprietary Education.
The nearest community college to Mid-America College Of Funeral Service is Galen College of Nursing-Louisville (3.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,126 students | 3.60 Mi1031 Zorn Avenue , Suite 400
Louisville, KY 40207
(502) 410-6200 3.602,126
- 12,560 students | 4.60 Mi101 W Broadway
Louisville, KY 40202
(502) 213-2200 4.6012,560
- 4,719 students | 5.50 Mi8204 Hwy 311
Sellersburg, IN 47172
(812) 246-3301 5.504,719
- 3,318 students | 7.90 Mi3101 Bardstown Rd
Louisville, KY 40205
(502) 456-6504 7.903,318
- 332 students | 11.50 Mi10200 Linn Station Rd Ste 125
Louisville, KY 40223
(502) 371-8330 11.50332
You've graduated from community college - now what? Keep reading to learn what to do after you've finished college.
Your local community college campus offers a variety of art programs both traditional and modern. Find out more about them here.
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.