Mid-America College Of Funeral Service
Tel: (812) 288-8878
Mid-America College Of Funeral Service places among the top 20% of community colleges in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Mid-America College Of Funeral Service||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||7 staff||28 staff|
|Total Enrollment||65 students||1,806 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||65 students||507 students|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,800||$30,600|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||77%||89%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$14,750||$20,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,916||$6,334|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Mid-America College of Funeral Service is a non-profit institution dedicated to education and research for the funeral profession. Mid-America College of Funeral Service is the successor to the rich educational heritage of two historically prominent educational institutions of the area that have prepared men and women of all ages to successfully enter the funeral service profession. Today, Mid-America College proudly continues to provide a timely learning experience for its students, with a foundation firmly rooted in a century of tradition established by its predecessors?The Kentucky School of Mortuary Science, founded in Louisville, Kentucky in 1895, and the Indiana College of Mortuary Science, founded in Indianapolis, Indiana in 1905. Mid-America College of Funeral Service has long been recognized for its contemporary curriculum, personal attention to students, qualified and experienced faculty and the successful performance of our graduates on state and national licensing examinations. When combined with the areas excellent recreational facilities and opportunities, such as sport and recreational boating on the Ohio River, excellent fishing at many area lakes, the well maintained Metropolitan Parks System with its meticulous golf courses, picnic areas, and tennis courts as well as snow skiing during the winter months at nearby Paoli, Indiana, the student attending Mid-America College of Funeral Service will find a learning atmosphere and living environment which will greatly enrich his or her formal funeral service educational experience. Mid-America College offers three programs: a Cooperative Study Program, an Associate of Applied Science Degree (Funeral Service), and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Funeral Service. These educational programs are fully accredited and approved by the Committee on Accreditation of the American Board of Funeral Service Education and the Indiana Commission on Proprietary Education.
- The nearest community college to Mid-America College Of Funeral Service is Galen College of Nursing-Louisville (3.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 879 students | 3.60 Mi1031 Zorn Avenue , Suite 400
Louisville,  KY  40207
(502) 410-6200 3.60879
- 13,550 students | 4.60 Mi109 E Broadway
Louisville,  KY  40202
(502) 213-4000 4.6013,550
- 4,719 students | 5.50 Mi8204 Hwy 311
Sellersburg,  IN  47172
(812) 246-3301 5.504,719
- 3,318 students | 7.90 Mi3101 Bardstown Rd
Louisville,  KY  40205
(502) 456-6504 7.903,318
- 1,120 students | 11.00 Mi3605 Fern Valley Road
Louisville,  KY  40219
(502) 810-6000 11.001,120
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
Learn how community colleges and associate degrees can lead to high paying careers.
Learn what to expect in terms of classes and student life in your first semester of community college.