International Business College-Indianapolis
- International Business College, located in Indianapolis, IN, offers career-focused classes with programs in Business, Technology, and Health Care so you can finish your degree quickly and find your first career job through our career placement services.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 37% over five years.
|International Business College-Indianapolis||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||28 staff|
|Total Enrollment||354 students||1,806 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||354 students||507 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||83||124|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,900||$30,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- International Business College graduates know the exhilaration of being first.Founded in 1889, International Business College continues the legacy of developing students into professionals. Armed with the real world skills they need to get the job done, our graduates are working in both large and small companies in and around Indianapolis. It is the unique blend of career-focused classes, high academic standards, and individual attention that differentiates International Business College. Along with academic credentials, our faculty brings industry knowledge to the classroom, helping ground theory with real world reality. International Business College's residence facilities offer many amenities and are located within close proximity to the school and a variety of entertainment and recreational activities. International Business College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools. International Business College awards diplomas and associate's degrees. The medical assisting program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon the recommendation of the Curriculum Review Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants Endowment (AAMAE).
- The nearest community college to International Business College-Indianapolis is MedTech College (0.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 529 students | 0.70 Mi6612 E 75th St Suite 300
Indianapolis,  IN  46250
- 91,179 students | 8.40 Mi50 W. Fall Creek Parkway N. Drive
Indianapolis,  IN  46208
- 995 students | 9.40 Mi1200 N Meridian St, Ste 100
Indianapolis,  IN  46204
- 501 students | 9.50 Mi8150 Brookville Road
Indianapolis,  IN  46239
- 3,498 students | 9.90 Mi550 East Washington Street
Indianapolis,  IN  46204
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.