Ivy Tech Community College News
Browse past news stories for Ivy Tech Community College in Indianapolis, IN.
- September 14, 2016 | Ivy Tech Community College East Central Region Board of Trustees Executive Session and ... - Muncie Journal (press release)
Muncie, IN—Notice is hereby given that at 8 a.m. on September 15, 2016 the Regional Board of Trustees of Ivy Tech Community College East Central region will hold an Executive Session meeting at the Ivy Tech Mu ...
- Ivy Tech Community College President Sue Ellspermann Visits ... - Journal Review
Ivy Tech Community College President Sue Ellspermann chats with Southmont H.S. graduate Kaleigh Green,left, and North Montgomery Hi ...
- Ivy Tech Community College to Hold Go Ivy Day Event in Winchester - Muncie Journal (press release)
Muncie, Ind. – Ivy Tech Community College East Central region will be holding a Go Ivy Day event at the WorkOne Express Employment Center in Winchester. Prospective students will be able ...
- Ivy Tech Community College hosts police and community dialogue event - Indianapolis Recorder
WHO: Panelists include: Dr. Sue Ellspermann, president of Ivy Tech Community College; Troy Riggs, chief of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department; Dominic Dorsey, president of Don't Sleep Indy; Satchuel ...
- Ivy Tech Community College Names Alex Huskey Regional Interim Chancellor - Muncie Journal (press release)
Indianapolis, IN — Ivy Tech Community College recently announced Alex D. Huskey as interim chancellor for the East Central and Richmond regions of the College. He will assume the role in September. The role was previously held by Dr. Andy Bowne, who ...Ivy Tech tabs Linden as its new presidentThe Herald ArgusIvy Tech Names ...
- Ivy Tech Community College Richmond schedules Express Enrollment Week - The Rushville Republican
RICHMOND — Ivy Tech Community College Richmond Region Express Enrollment Week is July 18-23. Prospective, new, returning and current students are encouraged to enroll for classes ...
- Ivy Tech Community College Names Bowne Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer - Muncie Journal (press release)
“We are thrilled that Andy will be joining our team in his new statewide role,” says Ivy Tech Community College President Sue Ellspermann. “It was important to bring someone into this position that had Ivy ...
- July 12, 2016 | Ivy Tech Community College Names Bowne Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer - Muncie Journal (press release)
Muncie, Ind. – Ivy Tech Community College named Dr. Andrew Bowne as Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer. Bowne will begin this position on August 15, 2016. He currently serves as the Chancell ...
- Ferdinand-native Sue Ellspermann to lead Ivy Tech Community College - Dubois County Free Press
“I am honored to be named Ivy Tech Community College President. Previous presidents, like Tom Snyder and Gerald Lamkin, have built Ivy Tech into one of the nation's largest community colleges and, unquestionably, Indiana's most important workforce ...Ellspermann Selected as President of Ivy Tech Community CollegeInside INdiana Business ...
- Ivy Tech Community College graduation - The Herald-Times (subscription)
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Taeha Benefiel, center, walks out of the auditorium with her son Owen Stieglitz, 20 months, and fiancé Michael Stieglitz after she was awarded her degree in hospitality administration during Iv ...
- Ivy Tech Community College Kokomo Region graduates look to the future - Kokomo Tribune
McCann echoed these words Saturday to a room full of graduates, faculty, family and friends at Ivy Tech Community College's Kokomo Region commencement ceremony at the Kokomo Event and Conference Center. “This is what I want to congratulate all of ...Ivy Tech Northwest to honor graduates, civic leaders at commencem ...
- Jody Hamilton named 2016 Distinguished Alumna by Ivy Tech Community College Lafayette - Newsbug.info
Ivy Tech Community College Lafayette has named Jody Hamilton, Economic Development Director for Greater Lafayette Commerce, as its 2016 Distinguished Alumna. She will be honored d ...
- Ivy Tech Community College Employee Selected For National Human Resources Leadership Program - WBIW.com
Indianapolis Star(INDIANAPOLIS) - Ivy Tech Community College Human Resources Training Specialist Adrienne Preddie has been selected by the College and University Professional Association for Human Resources (CUPA-HR) to participate in its Wildfire Program.Pressure's on for next Ivy Tec ...
- Woolpert to Assess Ivy Tech Community College Facilities - Amerisurv
Dayton Business JournalThese three regions house seven campuses and three instructional sites. Ivy Tech has 32 campuses throughout Indiana. It is the nation's largest singly accredited statewide community college system and the state's largest public post ...
- Olivet Offers Dual Admissions to Ivy Tech Community College - Fort Wayne Journal Gazette (blog)
(Feb. 24, 2016) – Olivet Nazarene University and Ivy Tech Community College have joined forces in helping students complete four-year degrees. The dual admissions init ...
- President Obama To Visit Ivy Tech Community College Friday - Indiana Public Media
Since Obama unveiled his plan to make community college free, Ivy Tech President Tom Synder has been touting the proposal as a win for middle class families. “We're replacing K-12 with K-14. What that means is that everyone is going to have to be ...President Obama to speak at Ivy Tech in Indianapo ...
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.