Halifax Community College
- Halifax Community College is a public, two-year educational institution with an open-door admissions policy. The purpose of the College is to improve the quality of life and the educational and economic base of the service area. The College prepares adults for the workforce through certificate, diploma and associate degree programs as well as life-long learning opportunities. The College strives to meet the needs of the student population, business community, area industries, and public agencies by providing low-cost, geographically accessible education at convenient times.
- The teacher population of 108 teachers has declined by 18% over five years.
|Halifax Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||108 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,293 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||681 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||612 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,000||$27,500|
- Halifax Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree.
- The nearest community college to Halifax Community College is Southside Virginia Community College (33.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,352 students | 33.10 Mi109 Campus Dr
Alberta,  VA  23821
- 1,007 students | 33.70 Mi109 Community College Rd
Ahoskie,  NC  27910
- 3,537 students | 34.90 Mi522 N. Old Carriage Road
Rocky Mount,  NC  27804
- 2,552 students | 37.90 Mi2009 W Wilson St
Tarboro,  NC  27886
- 1,259 students | 41.20 Mi100 N College Dr
Franklin,  VA  23851