Southside Virginia Community College
- Established in 1970, SVCC is one of the 23 colleges in the Virginia Community College System. The Christanna Campus near Alberta and the John H. Daniel Campus near Keysville serve ten counties and one city - the largest community college service region in the state. In 1985, SVCC opened its Campus Without Walls in Emporia-Greensville, now named the Robert C. Wrenn Center.
- The teacher population of 140 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Southside Virginia Community College||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||140 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,352 students||1,577 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||38:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,737 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,615 students||860 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,800||$29,400|
- Southside Virginia Community College, a comprehensive community college, has been providing quality education to the people of Southside Virginia for over 27 years through a wide range of post-secondary programs which includes university parallel, technical, vocational and community service programs. Recognized throughout the Commonwealth for the leadership it has provided in the development of innovative programs, the college takes pride in its community-based education approach to meeting the needs of service area constituents. Southside Virginia Community College is a comprehensive institution of higher education, offering programs of instruction generally extending not more than two years beyond high school. The college offers Occupational-Technical education, Associate in Applied Science degree and University Parallel/College Transfer Education. The college is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate degrees. SVCC is approved by the State Department of Education for payment of veteran's benefits. The college is supported by local, state and federal funds.
- The nearest community college to Southside Virginia Community College is Halifax Community College (33.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,293 students | 33.10 Mi100 College Drive
Weldon,  NC  27890
(252) 536-4221 33.101,293
- 1,525 students | 36.20 Mi11301 Johnson Rd
Petersburg,  VA  23805
(804) 862-6100 36.201,525
- 9,875 students | 44.80 Mi13101 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Chester,  VA  23831
(804) 796-4000 44.809,875
- 205 students | 46.20 Mi751 WEST HUNDRED ROAD
Chester,  VA  23836
- 626 students | 47.70 Mi8141 Hull St Rd
Richmond,  VA  23235
(804) 745-2444 47.70626