Paul D Camp Community College
- Paul D Camp Community College (PDCCC) serves the cities of Franklin and Suffolk and the counties of Isle of Wight and Southampton. PDCCC offers small classes, individual attention, high academic standards and a commitment to your success. Caring, knowledgeable faculty members and counselors are here to encourage you to learn and take important steps to a better future for you, your family and our community. We also provide a wide array of workforce services and courses to help you advance. Career planning and placement assistance are readily available in partnership with the Opportunity Inc. One-Stop Workforce Center located in our Franklin Campus Workforce Development Center. PDCCC administrators and staff offer their expertise, skills and experience to their daily responsibilities and activities.
- The teacher population of 51 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Paul D Camp Community College||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||51 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,259 students||1,577 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||399 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||860 students||860 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,800||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Paul D. Camp Community College provides diverse educational and workforce learning opportunities that enhance the quality of life for students and citizens. Paul D. Camp Community College is an equal opportunity affirmative action institution of higher learning serving the cities of Franklin and Suffolk and the counties of Southampton and Isle of Wight in southeastern Virginia. The College is a member of the Virginia Community College System. The College offers occupational/technical programs, provides curricula in university parallel programs that facilitates transfer to senior institutions, provides a developmental studies program, enables students to strengthen general skills, conceptual abilities, and values needed to function competently in the community, workplace and diverse world, expand workforce training, expands partnerships for the development, growth and renewal of the service region and provides adequate personnel, financial resources, facilities and technology to support its programs and services.
- The nearest community college to Paul D Camp Community College is Roanoke-Chowan Community College (24.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,007 students | 24.70 Mi109 Community College Rd
Ahoskie,  NC  27910
- 236 students | 38.00 Mi2211 S Military Hwy
Chesapeake,  VA  23320
- 27,646 students | 38.00 Mi121 College Place
Norfolk,  VA  23510
- 433 students | 38.60 Mi803 Diligence Drive
Newport News,  VA  23606
- 10,436 students | 39.40 Mi99 Thomas Nelson Drive
Hampton,  VA  23666
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.