Forsyth Technical Community College
- Forsyth Technical Community College is a comprehensive community college providing technical, transfer, adult basic education, corporate and continuing education programs, and support services that are innovative, flexible, and responsive to student and community needs. The college offers lifelong learning opportunities and support for diverse learners through both traditional and alternative delivery systems. The college also supports economic growth and opportunity through work force development and community development through partnerships with public and private sectors. Graduates of Forsyth Tech are technically skilled, regionally and globally oriented, and prepared for lifelong learning and full civic participation.
|Forsyth Technical Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||519 staff||144 staff|
- Forsyth Tech's first classes began in the fall of 1960. Automotive mechanics, machine shop, electronics, and practical nursing were among the first course offerings at the new Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Industrial Education Center, Forsyth Tech's first name. In 1989, the College Transfer Program began which allowed the College to serve an even wider portion of the community. Forsyth Tech continues to look at training needs for the future. Forsyth Tech is currently a regional Cisco training academy and with the addition of the Thomas H. Davis iTEC (information technology education) Center, Forsyth Tech is providing a broad spectrum of technology training to the Northwest Piedmont utilizing traditional classroom and online courses to provide diverse technology training. Forsyth Tech is located in Winston-Salem North Carolina, part of the Piedmont Triad and serves Forsyth and Stokes Counties. Forsyth Tech is one of the largest community colleges in North Carolina and serves a large and growing segment of the population seeking to acquire career-oriented education to become more qualified and marketable in today's increasingly demanding workplace environment. Forsyth Tech has eight convenient locations and classes are offered on site in traditional classroom settings and through distance learning site options such as online, Telecourses, or interactive TV courses. The college offers 184 programs of study that lead to an associate's degree, certificate or diploma in a variety of fields, including healthcare, engineering technologies, business and office technologies, criminal justice, automotive repair, logistics management and biotechnology. Many students begin at Forsyth Tech and then continue on to a four-year college or university. Through our Corporate and Continuing Education Division, the college offers non-credit classes including computer training, yoga, foreign languages and basic landscaping. We also offer customized training for employers as well as services for entrepreneurs through the Forsyth Tech Small Business Center. Forsyth Tech is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree. The Associate Degree Nursing curriculum and Practical Nursing curriculum are approved by the North Carolina State Board of Nursing. Respiratory Care and Medical Sonography are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). Radiography and Radiation Therapy are accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT). The Nuclear Medicine curriculum is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Educational Programs in Nuclear Medicine Technology (JRCNMT).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,654 students | 16.30 Mi297 DCCC Road
Thomasville, NC 27360
(336) 249-8186 16.303,654
- 10,520 students | 20.20 Mi601 E. Main Street
Jamestown, NC 27282
(336) 334-4822 20.2010,520
- 9,246 students | 31.80 Mi1333 Jake Alexander Blvd, South
Salisbury, NC 28146
(704) 216-7222 31.809,246
- 3,073 students | 33.00 Mi630 S. Main St.
Dobson, NC 27017
(336) 386-8121 33.003,073
- 1,685 students | 35.70 Mi215 Wrenn Memorial Road
Wentworth, NC 27375
(336) 342-4261 35.701,685