Rockingham Community College
Top Placements (North Carolina)
Listed among the top community colleges in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- The teacher population of 122 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Rockingham Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||122 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,597 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||718 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||879 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,500||$27,500|
- In December 1963, State Board of Education grants charter for Rockingham Community College. Trustees hold first meeting, electing Welsford Bishopric of Eden as chairman. In January 1966 groundbreaking ceremony is held as work begins on first four buildings (Shop, Classroom, Laboratory, and Learning Resources Center). Classes begin in Shop, Laboratory, and Classroom buildings on October 1966 as workmen add finishing touches. Located on 274 acres of stately pines, Rockingham Community College features scenic nature trails, tennis courts, and beautifully landscaped grounds. Classes are held in twelve of 18 buildings; the newest addition completed in 2005 houses the college's Community and Workforce Education Division. By completing courses in the Arts and Sciences, students can earn Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, or Associate in Fine Arts degrees. These degrees are designed to prepare students to continue their education as juniors in their field of study. The College Transfer Program is offered as part of the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) which governs the transfer of credit between community colleges and most 4-year colleges and universities in North Carolina. The courses in the College Transfer Program include a 44 hour semester General Education Core and 20-21 additional semester hours. Rockingham Community College offers career programs. These programs offer practical, applications-oriented nstruction in well-equipped lab facilities. Our instructors bring many years of professional work experience to the classroom. Through their experience, you will learn how theory relates to practical application. Rockingham Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate Degrees.
- The nearest community college to Rockingham Community College is Danville Community College (23.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,982 students | 23.80 Mi1008 S Main St
Danville,  VA  24541
- 2,900 students | 25.70 Mi645 Patriot Avenue
Martinsville,  VA  24112
- 12,430 students | 27.60 Mi601 High Point Rd.
Jamestown,  NC  27282
- 4,437 students | 31.30 Mi1247 Jimmie Kerr Road
Graham,  NC  27253
- 9,148 students | 35.50 Mi2100 Silas Creek Pky
Winston Salem,  NC  27103