Grays Harbor College
Tel: (360) 532-9020
- Grays Harbor College is a student-centered institution that inspires academic achievement,prepares an excellent workforce, and fosters personal growth by providing outstanding education and cultural opportunities for improving lives in a global community.
The teacher population of 85 teachers has declined by 29% over five years.
|Grays Harbor College||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Associate's Dominant||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Associate's Dominant|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||85 staff||157 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Grays Harbor College, a community college, was conceived in 1929 by a group of Aberdeen citizens under the leadership of Mr. W. O. McCaw and on August 7, 1930, was incorporated under the laws of the state of Washington. The college operated as a private institution from 1930 to 1945. In 1945, the Aberdeen School District assumed control of the college and provided much needed financial stability. Since that time Grays Harbor College has continued to serve the men and women of this area, offering them academic, professional and technical courses at a low cost and giving them the opportunity to live at home. Located on a picturesque 120-acre site overlooking the town of Aberdeen and its seaport on the edge of the Pacific Ocean, Grays Harbor College offers a beautiful setting and challenging programs for learners of all ages and interests. Our two-year community college- one of 34 in the Washington State system, is committed to being the premier choice for excellence in education, training, and services, responsive to the diverse needs of our communities. The college offers Adult Basic Education, English as a Second Language, GED and Four-Year degree programs. Grays Harbor College is accredited as a community college by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. College-level credits earned by students at Grays Harbor College are accepted by colleges and universities throughout the United States.
The nearest community college to Grays Harbor College is South Puget Sound Community College (41.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,872 students | 41.50 Mi2011 Mottman Rd SW
Olympia, WA 98512
(360) 596-5241 41.504,872
- 3,167 students | 43.20 Mi600 Centralia College Blvd.
Centralia, WA 98531
(360) 736-9391 43.203,167
- 815 students | 53.40 Mi1651 Lexington Avenue
Astoria, OR 97103
(503) 325-0910 53.40815
- 6,067 students | 60.00 Mi9401 Farwest Dr SW
Lakewood, WA 98498
(253) 964-6500 60.006,067
- 6,242 students | 63.50 Mi6501 S 19th St
Tacoma, WA 98466
(253) 566-5000 63.506,242
Are you receiving the full financial aid you should? The process of applying for financial aid can be both time-consuming and confusing, especially for first-time college students. Learn about common errors to avoid in order to maximize your financial aid opportunities.
Make sure that your community college credits will transfer to your four year university by following these recommended strategies.
In preparation for the newly approved industry on its way to Massachusetts, community colleges across the state are partnering with the gambling industry to provide casino training.