Grays Harbor College
Top Ranked (2022): View Rankings
Tel: (360) 532-9020
- Grays Harbor College is a student-centered institution that inspires academic achievement,prepares an excellent workforce, and fosters personal growth by providing outstanding education and cultural opportunities for improving lives in a global community.
The teacher population of 179 teachers has grown by 49% over five years.
|Grays Harbor College||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Associate's Dominant||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Associate's Dominant|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||179 staff||353 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Grays Harbor College, a community college, was conceived in 1929 by a group of Aberdeen citizens under the leadership of Mr. W. O. McCaw and on August 7, 1930, was incorporated under the laws of the state of Washington. The college operated as a private institution from 1930 to 1945. In 1945, the Aberdeen School District assumed control of the college and provided much needed financial stability. Since that time Grays Harbor College has continued to serve the men and women of this area, offering them academic, professional and technical courses at a low cost and giving them the opportunity to live at home. Located on a picturesque 120-acre site overlooking the town of Aberdeen and its seaport on the edge of the Pacific Ocean, Grays Harbor College offers a beautiful setting and challenging programs for learners of all ages and interests. Our two-year community college- one of 34 in the Washington State system, is committed to being the premier choice for excellence in education, training, and services, responsive to the diverse needs of our communities. The college offers Adult Basic Education, English as a Second Language, GED and Four-Year degree programs. Grays Harbor College is accredited as a community college by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. College-level credits earned by students at Grays Harbor College are accepted by colleges and universities throughout the United States.
The nearest community college to Grays Harbor College is South Puget Sound Community College (41.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,974 students | 41.50 Mi2011 Mottman Rd SW
Olympia, WA 98512
(360) 596-5200 41.504,974
- 3,077 students | 43.20 Mi600 Centralia College Blvd.
Centralia, WA 98531
(360) 736-9391 43.203,077
- 786 students | 53.40 Mi1651 Lexington Avenue
Astoria, OR 97103
(503) 325-0910 53.40786
- 6,195 students | 60.00 Mi9401 Farwest Dr SW
Lakewood, WA 98498
(253) 964-6500 60.006,195
- 6,095 students | 63.50 Mi6501 S 19th St
Tacoma, WA 98466
(253) 566-5000 63.506,095
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.