- The teacher population of 84 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Centralia College||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||84 staff||145 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,317 students||4,463 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||39:1||31:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,705 students||2,353 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,612 students||2,110 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||58||140|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,900||$36,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Centralia College is the oldest continuously operating community college in the state of Washington. Founded in 1925, the College has a rich heritage of professional, technical, transfer, and basic skills programs serving the community. Centralia College is a small, rural, safe, comprehensive community college that offers many of the experiences of college life found at larger institutions. We have numerous student activities including clubs, student programs, athletics, theater productions, and dances. The college offersAssociate in Arts (AA), Associate in Liberal Arts (ALA), Associate In Science (AS), Associate in Applied Science-Transfer (AAS-T), Associate in Technical Arts (ATA) and Associate in General Studies (AGS) degrees.
- The nearest community college to Centralia College is South Puget Sound Community College (21.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,881 students | 21.50 Mi2011 Mottman Rd SW
Olympia,  WA  98512
- 5,927 students | 36.50 Mi9401 Farwest Dr SW
Lakewood,  WA  98498
- 3,682 students | 38.60 Mi4500 Steilacoom Blvd SW
Lakewood,  WA  98499
- 6,352 students | 39.60 Mi1600 Maple Street
Longview,  WA  98632
- 7,189 students | 41.80 Mi6501 S 19th St
Tacoma,  WA  98466
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.