Tacoma Community College
- Tacoma Community College shall provide quality educational programs in a dynamic learning environment. The college shall be accessible, comprehensive and flexible, and shall address the personal, professional and social needs of its diverse community.
The teacher population of 266 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Tacoma Community College||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||266 staff||157 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Tacoma Community College is one of 34 Washington community and technical colleges, serving Tacoma-Pierce County. The college Offers 44 state approved professional/technical programs. TCC offers a variety of professional/technical programs designed to prepare you for the workforce. These programs can lead to a two-year Associate in Applied Science degree, or a program certificate. TCC also offers a variety of freshman and sophomore-level courses, transferable to a four-year college or university. TCC traces its roots to 1962, when residents of the Tacoma-Pierce County area elected to fund and build a local community college. Directors of the Tacoma School District No. 10 applied for authorization to build the college in 1961. TCC received state approval to begin construction in 1963 and opened for class on Sept. 28, 1965. The college's main campus offers a range of academic and occupational degrees, continuing education classes, and developmental learning opportunities. About 8,400 students come to our 150-acre campus each quarter. Since TCC's opening in 1965, more than 400,000 people have attended. The college is accredited by the Northwest Association of Schools and of Colleges and Universities.
The nearest community college to Tacoma Community College is Bates Technical College (3.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,596 students | 3.60 Mi1101 S Yakima Ave
Tacoma,  WA  98405
(253) 680-7000 3.602,596
- 3,905 students | 5.20 Mi4500 Steilacoom Blvd SW
Lakewood,  WA  98499
(253) 589-5800 5.203,905
- 6,067 students | 5.60 Mi9401 Farwest Dr SW
Lakewood,  WA  98498
(253) 964-6500 5.606,067
- 4,453 students | 13.40 Mi9401 Farwest Dr SW
Lakewood,  WA  98498
(253) 964-6500 13.404,453
- 6,530 students | 14.20 Mi2400 S 240th St
Des Moines,  WA  98198
(206) 878-3710 14.206,530
Learn about how the community college tuition hikes in the next year may be greater than the rate of inflation.
In light of the huge budget cuts facing California community colleges, class rationing is now on the table as one option to help schools stay in the black. Is it right, fair or even practical? We’ll explore the issue.
Learn about how some convicted criminals abused community colleges' financial aid programs and why Congress has decided to prohibit criminals from being eligible for future aid.