Tacoma Community College
- Tacoma Community College shall provide quality educational programs in a dynamic learning environment. The college shall be accessible, comprehensive and flexible, and shall address the personal, professional and social needs of its diverse community.
- The teacher population of 266 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Tacoma Community College||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||266 staff||145 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,189 students||4,463 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||31:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,270 students||2,353 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,919 students||2,110 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$38,000||$36,200|
- Tacoma Community College is one of 34 Washington community and technical colleges, serving Tacoma-Pierce County. The college Offers 44 state approved professional/technical programs. TCC offers a variety of professional/technical programs designed to prepare you for the workforce. These programs can lead to a two-year Associate in Applied Science degree, or a program certificate. TCC also offers a variety of freshman and sophomore-level courses, transferable to a four-year college or university. TCC traces its roots to 1962, when residents of the Tacoma-Pierce County area elected to fund and build a local community college. Directors of the Tacoma School District No. 10 applied for authorization to build the college in 1961. TCC received state approval to begin construction in 1963 and opened for class on Sept. 28, 1965. The college's main campus offers a range of academic and occupational degrees, continuing education classes, and developmental learning opportunities. About 8,400 students come to our 150-acre campus each quarter. Since TCC's opening in 1965, more than 400,000 people have attended. The college is accredited by the Northwest Association of Schools and of Colleges and Universities.
- The nearest community college to Tacoma Community College is Bates Technical College (3.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,596 students | 3.80 Mi1101 S Yakima Ave
Tacoma,  WA  98405
- 795 students | 4.20 Mi2156 Pacific Avenue
Tacoma,  WA  98402
- 3,682 students | 4.80 Mi4500 Steilacoom Blvd SW
Lakewood,  WA  98499
- 5,927 students | 5.40 Mi9401 Farwest Dr SW
Lakewood,  WA  98498
- 3,671 students | 13.30 Mi1601 39th Ave SE
Puyallup,  WA  98374