- The central purpose of the college is to give students a thorough acquaintance with those areas of knowledge essential to their specialization. The college is dedicated to the advancement of funeral service education and the funeral service profession. It is also dedicated to the ideals that all students: reach their full potential through service to their fellow man, develop a high self-enrichment by becoming vocationally, socially, and morally competent, and improve self-discipline as they strive to accomplish their goals through individual effort and group cooperation.
Gupton Jones College of Funeral Service serves 266 students (100% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 30:1 is higher than the state community college average of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 76% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 53%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 266 students
- Private-state tuition: $10,500
- Student:teacher ratio: 30:1
- Minority enrollment: 76%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Gupton Jones College of Funeral Service ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Georgia for:
The teacher population of 9 teachers has grown by 28% over five years.
Gupton Jones College of Funeral Service
(GA) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 years but < 4 years
The student population of Gupton Jones College of Funeral Service has grown by 6% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 30:1 has increased from 26:1 over five years.
The Gupton Jones College of Funeral Service diversity score of 0.52 is less than the state average of 0.67. The school's diversity has grown by 7% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $10,500 is less than the state average of $15,183. The private state tuition has declined by 10% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Gupton-Jones College of Funeral Service is a non-profit corporation offering post-high school education to men and women interested in funeral service as a career. Gupton-Jones College has been educating leaders in funeral service since 1920. That proud tradition of excellence continues today as we provide the best education available to tomorrow's funeral practitioners. At Gupton-Jones you will find a dedicated and experienced full-time faculty who have proven themselves successful in the funeral profession. They are academically prepared to offer personalized and excellent instruction in their respective areas. You will be in an environment where everyone is dedicated to the high ideals of the funeral profession. While attending Gupton-Jones College, one may enjoy exciting Atlanta which offers a variety of recreational, artistic, and historic attractions! Of the recreational choices, one may visit Six Flags Over Georgia, with more than 200 acres of entertainment and just a few minutes from downtown Atlanta. Also, the downtown area offers a wide range of entertainment possibilities including Underground Atlanta, the World of Coke, and the Civic Center where concerts, shows and other attractions occur. For the sports-minded, Atlanta has excellent professional teams, headlined by the two year back-to-back National League Champions, and the 1995 World Champions, The Atlanta Braves. Atlanta also hosts the Atlanta Falcons and the Atlanta Hawks. In addition, the city offers several artistic attractions, such as the High Museum of Art, the famous Fox Theatre, and the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. Downtown Atlanta features many historic sites including the Martin Luther King, Jr. Center, the Carter Presidential Center, and the gold-domed State Capitol. The college is accreditated by the American Board of Funeral Service Education, an agency recognized by the United States Office of Education.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Gupton Jones College of Funeral Service cost?
Gupton Jones College of Funeral Service's private state tuition is approximately $10,500.
What is Gupton Jones College of Funeral Service's ranking?
Gupton Jones College of Funeral Service ranks among the top 20% of community college in Georgia for: Percent of students receiving financial aid and Highest completion rates.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.