Gupton Jones College of Funeral Service
Tel: (770) 593-2257
- The central purpose of the college is to give students a thorough acquaintance with those areas of knowledge essential to their specialization. The college is dedicated to the advancement of funeral service education and the funeral service profession. It is also dedicated to the ideals that all students: reach their full potential through service to their fellow man, develop a high self-enrichment by becoming vocationally, socially, and morally competent, and improve self-discipline as they strive to accomplish their goals through individual effort and group cooperation.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Gupton Jones College of Funeral Service||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||7 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||162 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||162 students||1,115 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,100||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Gupton-Jones College of Funeral Service is a non-profit corporation offering post-high school education to men and women interested in funeral service as a career. Gupton-Jones College has been educating leaders in funeral service since 1920. That proud tradition of excellence continues today as we provide the best education available to tomorrow's funeral practitioners. At Gupton-Jones you will find a dedicated and experienced full-time faculty who have proven themselves successful in the funeral profession. They are academically prepared to offer personalized and excellent instruction in their respective areas. You will be in an environment where everyone is dedicated to the high ideals of the funeral profession. While attending Gupton-Jones College, one may enjoy exciting Atlanta which offers a variety of recreational, artistic, and historic attractions! Of the recreational choices, one may visit Six Flags Over Georgia, with more than 200 acres of entertainment and just a few minutes from downtown Atlanta. Also, the downtown area offers a wide range of entertainment possibilities including Underground Atlanta, the World of Coke, and the Civic Center where concerts, shows and other attractions occur. For the sports-minded, Atlanta has excellent professional teams, headlined by the two year back-to-back National League Champions, and the 1995 World Champions, The Atlanta Braves. Atlanta also hosts the Atlanta Falcons and the Atlanta Hawks. In addition, the city offers several artistic attractions, such as the High Museum of Art, the famous Fox Theatre, and the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. Downtown Atlanta features many historic sites including the Martin Luther King, Jr. Center, the Carter Presidential Center, and the gold-domed State Capitol. The college is accreditated by the American Board of Funeral Service Education, an agency recognized by the United States Office of Education.
- The nearest community college to Gupton Jones College of Funeral Service is Georgia Perimeter College (5.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 21,371 students | 5.70 Mi3251 Panthersville Rd
Decatur,  GA  30034
(678) 891-2300 5.7021,371
- 4,050 students | 6.30 Mi495 N Indian Creek Dr
Clarkston,  GA  30021
(404) 297-9522 6.304,050
- 1,170 students | 9.50 Mi1927 Lakeside Parkway
Tucker,  GA  30084
(770) 938-4711 9.501,170
- 7,022 students | 11.70 Mi2000 Clayton State Boulevard
Morrow,  GA  30260
(678) 466-4000 11.707,022
- 787 students | 12.30 Mi50 Hurt Plaza SE Suite 400
Atlanta,  GA  30303
(404) 816-4533 12.30787
Even more midnight classes are launching at community college campuses across the country this year, in hopes of working around the demanding schedules of their students.
Short-Term Commitment – Long-Term Benefits: Three Study-Abroad Options for Community College Students
While study abroad has long been considered an option only for students at four-year colleges and universities, there are actually many options for community college students who would like to experience studying in another country.
What is the latest on four-year degree programs at community colleges? We look at some of the states entering into this relatively new frontier, and why some are having a tough time selling the idea.