Clayton State University
Top Placements (Georgia)
Listed among the top community colleges in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Selectivity Lowest acceptance rates
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 271 teachers has declined by 30% over five years.
|Clayton State University||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||271 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,022 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||1,473 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||3,711 students||1,116 students|
|# Graduate Students||153 students||62 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||1,300||461|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$41,700||$30,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Clayton State University is Georgia Perimeter College (7.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 21,371 students | 7.30 Mi3251 Panthersville Rd
Decatur,  GA  30034
- 2,977 students | 9.10 Mi1630 Metropolitan Parkway, SW
Atlanta,  GA  30310
- 4,282 students | 9.20 Mi1560 Metropolitan Pkwy SW
Atlanta,  GA  30310
- 162 students | 11.80 Mi5141 Snapfinger Woods Dr
Decatur,  GA  30035
- 398 students | 12.60 Mi384 Northyards Blvd., Suite 190
Atlanta,  GA  30313
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.