Clayton State University
Clayton State University places among the top 20% of community colleges in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Selectivity Lowest acceptance rates
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 271 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Clayton State University||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||271 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,022 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||1,473 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||3,711 students||1,116 students|
|# Graduate Students||153 students||62 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||1,300||461|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$41,700||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Clayton State University is Georgia Perimeter College (7.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 21,371 students | 7.30 Mi3251 Panthersville Rd
Decatur,  GA  30034
- 2,977 students | 9.10 Mi1630 Metropolitan Parkway, SW
Atlanta,  GA  30310
- 4,282 students | 9.20 Mi1560 Metropolitan Pkwy SW
Atlanta,  GA  30310
- 162 students | 11.80 Mi5141 Snapfinger Woods Dr
Decatur,  GA  30035
- 398 students | 12.60 Mi384 Northyards Blvd., Suite 190
Atlanta,  GA  30313
With the growing number of Baby Boomers reaching their golden years, the demand for caregivers is surging. Learn about a career in caregiving and how you can get your training at community college.
Being a single parent is difficult (and expensive) but it shouldn't stop you from furthering your education. Read on to learn how to pay for community college as a single parent.
If you're preparing to apply to college, use your summer wisely and complete a few college visits. Read on to learn how to plan and how to get the most from each visit.