Atlanta Technical College
- Atlanta Technical College, a unit of the Technical College System of Georgia, located in the city of Atlanta, is an accredited institution of higher education that provides affordable lifelong learning opportunities, associate degrees, diplomas, technical certificates of credit, customized business and industry training, continuing education and other learning services using state-of-the-art technology. The integration of academics and applied career preparation to enhance student learning is essential in meeting the workforce demands and economic development needs of the people, businesses, and communities of Fulton and Clayton Counties. The strength of Atlanta rests in its citizens whose skills, values, and ethics make them a productive and competitive force. The men and women of Atlanta should be productive workers if the city and its environs are to attract new business and industry and strengthen existing companies that have enabled Atlanta to become the commercial hub of the entire Southeast. Atlanta Technical College believes that the positive results of a literate and technically competent citizenry will accelerate Atlanta's continued appeal to existing, expanding, new, and emerging businesses and industries and will in turn contribute to the economic and social growth of individuals living and working in and around Atlanta.
- The teacher population of 172 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Atlanta Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||172 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,282 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,376 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,906 students||1,473 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,200||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Atlanta Technical College is Atlanta Metropolitan State College (0.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,977 students | 0.10 Mi1630 Metropolitan Parkway, SW
Atlanta,  GA  30310
- 398 students | 3.90 Mi384 Northyards Blvd., Suite 190
Atlanta,  GA  30313
- 208 students | 6.60 Mi1900 Emery St, NW, Suite 200
Atlanta,  GA  30318
- 21,371 students | 7.90 Mi3251 Panthersville Rd
Decatur,  GA  30034
- 7,022 students | 9.20 Mi2000 Clayton State Boulevard
Morrow,  GA  30260
Community colleges are paving the way for exciting careers in robotics. Learn more about the programs that could train you to be a robotics professional.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.