Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (205) 916-2800
- To educate, support, and empower all students for success in work, learning and engagement in our communities and global society.
- Herzing University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois, 60614-1413, www.hlcommission.org, (800) 621-7400
Herzing University-Birmingham places among the top 20% of community colleges in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 40 teachers has grown by 185% over five years.
|Herzing University-Birmingham||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||40 staff||75 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
Herzing College was one of the first post-secondary institutions founded to train students for the computer industry. Since 1965 business and computer-related education has been the focus of Herzing, even as it grew to encompass six campuses in the U.S., five campuses in Canada, and the founding of its Online Division, herzingonline.com. Herzing also diversified its educational programs to include the fields of business management, electronics, health care, design, and public safety. Herzing College in Birmingham was founded in 1965. Conveniently located in Homewood, near downtown Birmingham and I-65. Herzing College has modern computer labs, electronics labs, lecture rooms, and a library and resource center all dedicated to providing students with the tools necessary to find exciting careers in their fields of study.Herzing College will help students develop financial plans to pay for their education through a combination of financial aid (if eligible), family contributions, and employer tuition reimbursement plans. A variety of methods of meeting educational expenses is available. Financial Aid at Herzing College includes grants (outright gifts of money which do not need to be repaid), loans (borrowed money which must be repaid with interest), and employment (assistance in finding part-time jobs). Herzing College has been serious about assisting each student in finding the right job. As a career college, it also helps graduates find employment upon graduation. Career placement is not guaranteed. Herzing University admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
- Providing real-world skills for today's job market
- Preparing students with job-seeking skills
- Working with students to develop a polished resume
- Providing individual assistance during the job search process
- Working with area employers to develop job leads and interviews
- Providing valuable work experience through industry externships
- Assisting students with part-time employment (if needed) while enrolled in classes at Herzing
The nearest community college to Herzing University-Birmingham is Herzing University Birmingham (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 425 students | 0.00 Mi280 West Valley Avenue
Birmingham,  AL  35209
(205) 916-2800 0.00425
- 3,274 students | 3.50 Mi3060 Wilson Rd SW
Birmingham,  AL  35221
(205) 925-2515 3.503,274
- n/a students | 11.30 Mi1100 9th Ave Sw
Bessemer,  AL  35022
(205) 428-6391 11.30n/a
- 9,078 students | 14.80 Mi2601 Carson Rd
Birmingham,  AL  35215
(205) 853-1200 14.809,078
- 3,745 students | 35.50 Mi1411 Indiana Avenue
Jasper,  AL  35501
(205) 387-0511 35.503,745
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.