Herzing University - Birmingham
- Herzing University Birmingham was founded in 1965 and acquired by Herzing University in 1968. Herzing University Birmingham now occupies a 40,000 square foot building featuring state-of-the-industry equipment, computer labs, electronic labs, and a library and resource center in order to provide high quality education to Birmingham and surrounding areas. At Herzing University Birmingham, you`ll receive the individual attention that is difficult to get at larger universities. Class sizes are small, with only about 20 to 30 students in each class.As a part of Herzing University, Herzing University Birmingham practices a strong student-first philosophy with every student. Herzing is a family-owned establishment that treats its students as a person, not a number.
- To educate, support, and empower all students for success in work, learning and engagement in our communities and global society.
- Herzing University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois, 60614-1413, www.hlcommission.org, (800) 621-7400
Herzing University - Birmingham serves 615 students (45% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is higher than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 69% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 38%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 615 students
- In-state tuition: $14,200
- Out-state tuition: $1,400
- Acceptance Rate: 92%
- Student:teacher ratio: 20:1
- Minority enrollment: 69%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Herzing University - Birmingham ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
The teacher population of 31 teachers has grown by 121% over five years.
Herzing University - Birmingham
(AL) Community College Avg.
Less than 2 yrs
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Herzing University - Birmingham has grown by 11% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 16:1 over five years.
The Herzing University - Birmingham diversity score of 0.54 is less than the state average of 0.55. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $14,200 is more than the state average of $4,439. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $1,400 is less than the state average of $6,998. The out-state tuition has declined by 89% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
College has modern computer labs, electronics labs, lecture rooms, and a library and resource center all dedicated to providing students with the tools necessary to find exciting careers in their fields of study.Herzing College will help students develop financial plans to pay for their education through a combination of financial aid (if eligible), family contributions, and employer tuition reimbursement plans. A variety of methods of meeting educational expenses is available. Financial Aid at Herzing College includes grants (outright gifts of money which do not need to be repaid), loans (borrowed money which must be repaid with interest), and employment (assistance in finding part-time jobs). Herzing College has been serious about assisting each student in finding the right job. As a career college, it also helps graduates find employment upon graduation. Career placement is not guaranteed. Herzing University admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
- Providing real-world skills for today's job market
- Preparing students with job-seeking skills
- Working with students to develop a polished resume
- Providing individual assistance during the job search process
- Working with area employers to develop job leads and interviews
- Providing valuable work experience through industry externships
- Assisting students with part-time employment (if needed) while enrolled in classes at Herzing
Profile last updated: 11/30/2022
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Herzing University - Birmingham cost?
Herzing University - Birmingham's tuition is approximately $14,200 for In-State students and $1,400 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Herzing University - Birmingham?
The acceptance rate of Herzing University - Birmingham is 92%, which is higher than the state average of 81%.
What is Herzing University - Birmingham's ranking?
Herzing University - Birmingham ranks among the top 20% of community college in Alabama for: Percent of students receiving financial aid and Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).
Learn about the lucrative career opportunities in nano-technology and how you can begin your training right at community college.
The Top Challenges for Non-Traditional Students in Community College
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
January 17, 2023ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.