- To educate, support, and empower all students for success in work, learning and engagement in our communities and global society.
- Herzing University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois, 60614-1413, www.hlcommission.org, (800) 621-7400
Herzing University-Birmingham places among the top 20% of community colleges in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has grown by 100% over five years.
|Herzing University-Birmingham||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||28 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||551 students||1,756 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||189 students||1,004 students|
|# Part-Time Students||310 students||752 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||537 students||1,004 students|
|# Graduate Students||1 students||3 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$45,100||$29,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
Herzing College was one of the first post-secondary institutions founded to train students for the computer industry. Since 1965 business and computer-related education has been the focus of Herzing, even as it grew to encompass six campuses in the U.S., five campuses in Canada, and the founding of its Online Division, herzingonline.com. Herzing also diversified its educational programs to include the fields of business management, electronics, health care, design, and public safety. Herzing College in Birmingham was founded in 1965. Conveniently located in Homewood, near downtown Birmingham and I-65. Herzing College has modern computer labs, electronics labs, lecture rooms, and a library and resource center all dedicated to providing students with the tools necessary to find exciting careers in their fields of study.Herzing College will help students develop financial plans to pay for their education through a combination of financial aid (if eligible), family contributions, and employer tuition reimbursement plans. A variety of methods of meeting educational expenses is available. Financial Aid at Herzing College includes grants (outright gifts of money which do not need to be repaid), loans (borrowed money which must be repaid with interest), and employment (assistance in finding part-time jobs). Herzing College has been serious about assisting each student in finding the right job. As a career college, it also helps graduates find employment upon graduation. Career placement is not guaranteed. Herzing University admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
- Providing real-world skills for today's job market
- Preparing students with job-seeking skills
- Working with students to develop a polished resume
- Providing individual assistance during the job search process
- Working with area employers to develop job leads and interviews
- Providing valuable work experience through industry externships
- Assisting students with part-time employment (if needed) while enrolled in classes at Herzing
- The nearest community college to Herzing University-Birmingham is Herzing University Birmingham (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 425 students | 0.00 Mi280 West Valley Avenue
Birmingham,  AL  35209
- 2,818 students | 0.20 Mi488 Palisades Blvd.
Birmingham,  AL  35209
- 3,090 students | 3.50 Mi3060 Wilson Rd SW
Birmingham,  AL  35221
- n/a students | 11.30 Mi1100 9th Ave Sw
Bessemer,  AL  35022
- 8,516 students | 14.50 Mi2601 Carson Rd
Birmingham,  AL  35215
As careers in science, technology, engineering, and math become more prevalent, community colleges are shifting their focus to meet demand and secure their place in a rapidly changing educational landscape.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.