- The mission of Herzing College is to provide degree and diploma higher education programs of high quality that are designed to prepare a diverse student population to meet the needs of employers in technology, business, health care, design, and public safety. The career-oriented degree programs contain a complementary and integrated general education curriculum established to stimulate students’ intellectual growth, to contribute to their personal development, and to enhance their potential for career advancement. Herzing University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 41% over five years.
|Herzing University-Birmingham||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||14 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||309 students||1,756 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||170 students||1,004 students|
|# Part-Time Students||139 students||752 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||170 students||1,004 students|
|# Graduate Students||1 students||3 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$45,100||$29,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Herzing College was one of the first post-secondary institutions founded to train students for the computer industry. Since 1965 business and computer-related education has been the focus of Herzing, even as it grew to encompass six campuses in the U.S., five campuses in Canada, and the founding of its Online Division, herzingonline.com. Herzing also diversified its educational programs to include the fields of business management, electronics, health care, design, and public safety.Herzing College in Birmingham was founded in 1965. Conveniently located in Homewood, near downtown Birmingham and I-65. Herzing College has modern computer labs, electronics labs, lecture rooms, and a library and resource center all dedicated to providing students with the tools necessary to find exciting careers in their fields of study. Herzing College will help students develop financial plans to pay for their education through a combination of financial aid (if eligible), family contributions, and employer tuition reimbursement plans. A variety of methods of meeting educational expenses is available. Financial Aid at Herzing College includes grants (outright gifts of money which do not need to be repaid), loans (borrowed money which must be repaid with interest), and employment (assistance in finding part-time jobs). Herzing College has been serious about assisting each student in finding the right job. As a career college, it also helps graduates find employment upon graduation. Career placement is not guaranteed. Herzing University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association. Herzing University admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin..
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,818 students | 0.20 Mi488 Palisades Blvd.
Birmingham,  AL  35209
- 3,090 students | 3.50 Mi3060 Wilson Rd SW
Birmingham,  AL  35221
- n/a students | 11.30 Mi1100 9th Ave Sw
Bessemer,  AL  35022
- 8,516 students | 14.50 Mi2601 Carson Rd
Birmingham,  AL  35215
- 3,609 students | 35.60 Mi1411 Indiana Avenue
Jasper,  AL  35501
March 14, 2018
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
March 11, 2018
Community colleges face many hurdles, ranging from budget constraints to increased enrollment, but a new study pinpoints some of the largest issues - which may surprise you.
March 11, 2018
Be surprised by the results from the first ever national community college survey, which found that students value their internet connection more than their instructors!