Bevill State Community College
The teacher population of 186 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Bevill State Community College||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||186 staff||73 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Bevill State offers four main campuses in the cities of Fayette, Hamilton, Jasper and Sumiton, all located in West-Central Alabama. In addition the college also maintains two instructional sites, in Carrollton and Mount Olive, offer university parallel and applied technology educational opportunities to over one-quarter million people in a seven county area. Bevill State's service area spans over 4,600 square miles, from the Birmingham city limits to the Mississippi state line. Bevill State Community College strives to provide its students with state-of-the-art, well equipped campuses to meet the educational and self-developmental needs of each student. Each campus provides extensive library resources, bookstores, meeting facilities, dining facilities and much more. For more information visit us online at www.bscc.edu
The nearest community college to Bevill State Community College is George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville (32.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,343 students | 32.30 Mi801 Main St NW
Hanceville,  AL  35077
(256) 352-8000 32.305,343
- 8,516 students | 34.20 Mi2601 Carson Rd
Birmingham,  AL  35215
(205) 853-1200 34.208,516
- 3,090 students | 34.20 Mi3060 Wilson Rd SW
Birmingham,  AL  35221
(205) 925-2515 34.203,090
- 425 students | 35.50 Mi280 West Valley Avenue
Birmingham,  AL  35209
(205) 916-2800 35.50425
- 571 students | 35.50 Mi280 West Valley Ave
Birmingham,  AL  35209
(205) 916-2800 35.50571
Learn about the steps you need to take to successfully transfer from a community college to a 4-year institution.
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
Many people view college campuses as bastions of free speech, but recent actions taken by some institutions of higher learning indicate that this may not always be the case.