Bevill State Community College
- The teacher population of 186 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Bevill State Community College||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||186 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,609 students||1,756 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,838 students||1,004 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,771 students||752 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||128|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,800||$29,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Bevill State offers four main campuses in the cities of Fayette, Hamilton, Jasper and Sumiton, all located in West-Central Alabama. In addition the college also maintains two instructional sites, in Carrollton and Mount Olive, offer university parallel and applied technology educational opportunities to over one-quarter million people in a seven county area. Bevill State's service area spans over 4,600 square miles, from the Birmingham city limits to the Mississippi state line. Bevill State Community College strives to provide its students with state-of-the-art, well equipped campuses to meet the educational and self-developmental needs of each student. Each campus provides extensive library resources, bookstores, meeting facilities, dining facilities and much more. For more information visit us online at www.bscc.edu
- The nearest community college to Bevill State Community College is George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville (32.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,343 students | 32.20 Mi801 Main St NW
Hanceville,  AL  35077
- 3,090 students | 34.30 Mi3060 Wilson Rd SW
Birmingham,  AL  35221
- 8,516 students | 34.40 Mi2601 Carson Rd
Birmingham,  AL  35215
- 2,818 students | 35.50 Mi488 Palisades Blvd.
Birmingham,  AL  35209
- 425 students | 35.60 Mi280 West Valley Avenue
Birmingham,  AL  35209
Community colleges are paving the way for exciting careers in robotics. Learn more about the programs that could train you to be a robotics professional.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.