- Calhoun Community College exemplifies the two-year college mission of commitment to excellence in teaching and service. For 59 years, Calhoun Community College has been involved in building an educational foundation for the residents of north Alabama.
John C Calhoun State Community College serves 8,278 students (31% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is higher than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 29% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 38%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 8,278 students
- In-state tuition: $4,260
- Out-state tuition: $7,650
- Student:teacher ratio: 15:1
- Minority enrollment: 29%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
John C Calhoun State Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
The teacher population of 543 teachers has grown by 100% over five years.
John C Calhoun State Community College
(AL) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of John C Calhoun State Community College has declined by 16% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five years.
The John C Calhoun State Community College diversity score of 0.47 is less than the state average of 0.55. The school's diversity has declined by 9% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,260 is less than the state average of $4,439. The in-state tuition has declined by 5% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $7,650 is more than the state average of $6,998. The out-state tuition has declined by 5% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- The largest of the two-year institutions comprising The Alabama College System, Calhoun is an open-admission, community-based, state-supported, coeducational, comprehensive community college dedicated to providing affordable, high-quality and accessible education to individuals in its four-county service area. Offering 49 associate degree programs and 52 career/certificate programs. At Calhoun Community College the instructional program is dedicated to providing high quality academic transfer courses as well as technology based programs designed to prepare students for entry into the workforce. Well prepared faculty and up-to-date programs of study ensure that Calhoun students are prepared for the world of work or for continued studies. Business and Industry Services is a division of the college committed to partnering with companies to support and extend training capabilities to meet increasingly complex job skill needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does John C Calhoun State Community College cost?
John C Calhoun State Community College's tuition is approximately $4,260 for In-State students and $7,650 for Out-State students.
What is John C Calhoun State Community College's ranking?
John C Calhoun State Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Alabama for: Largest student body.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.