- Calhoun Community College exemplifies the two-year college mission of commitment to excellence in teaching and service. For 59 years, Calhoun Community College has been involved in building an educational foundation for the residents of north Alabama.
John C Calhoun State Community College serves 8,278 students (31% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is higher than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 29% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 38%.
- Enrollment: 8,278 students
- In-state tuition: $4,260
- Out-state tuition: $7,650
- Student:teacher ratio: 15:1
- Minority enrollment: 29%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 543 teachers has grown by 100% over five years.
John C Calhoun State Community College
(AL) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of John C Calhoun State Community College has declined by 16% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five years.
The John C Calhoun State Community College diversity score of 0.47 is less than the state average of 0.55. The school's diversity has declined by 9% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,260 is less than the state average of $4,439. The in-state tuition has declined by 5% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $7,650 is more than the state average of $6,998. The out-state tuition has declined by 5% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- The largest of the two-year institutions comprising The Alabama College System, Calhoun is an open-admission, community-based, state-supported, coeducational, comprehensive community college dedicated to providing affordable, high-quality and accessible education to individuals in its four-county service area. Offering 49 associate degree programs and 52 career/certificate programs. At Calhoun Community College the instructional program is dedicated to providing high quality academic transfer courses as well as technology based programs designed to prepare students for entry into the workforce. Well prepared faculty and up-to-date programs of study ensure that Calhoun students are prepared for the world of work or for continued studies. Business and Industry Services is a division of the college committed to partnering with companies to support and extend training capabilities to meet increasingly complex job skill needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does John C Calhoun State Community College cost?
John C Calhoun State Community College's tuition is approximately $4,260 for In-State students and $7,650 for Out-State students.
What is John C Calhoun State Community College's ranking?
John C Calhoun State Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Alabama for: Largest student body.
Want to Lose Weight? How Your Community College Can Help
If you are looking to shed extra weight, your best source of support may be your community college. Learn about dieting programs, support groups, and even classes to help you get healthy.
How Community Colleges are Inspiring Young Girls to Soar to Success
Learn about how community colleges are introducing programs that inspire young girls to achieve more academically, socially, and emotionally.
July 16, 2023Careers: Sustainable Agriculture
Discover the promising world of sustainable agriculture and explore the diverse careers it offers for those passionate about building a greener future. From eco-friendly farming practices and cutting-edge agri-tech to impactful roles in supply chain management and impact investment, this article sheds light on how professionals in sustainable agriculture are shaping a more sustainable and resilient global food system.