John C Calhoun State Community College
- Calhoun Community College exemplifies the two-year college mission of commitment to excellence in teaching and service. For 59 years, Calhoun Community College has been involved in building an educational foundation for the residents of north Alabama.
- The teacher population of 271 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|John C Calhoun State Community College||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||271 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||10,802 students||1,756 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||40:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,036 students||1,004 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,766 students||752 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,400||$29,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The largest of the two-year institutions comprising The Alabama College System, Calhoun is an open-admission, community-based, state-supported, coeducational, comprehensive community college dedicated to providing affordable, high-quality and accessible education to individuals in its four-county service area. Offering 49 associate degree programs and 52 career/certificate programs.At Calhoun Community College the instructional program is dedicated to providing high quality academic transfer courses as well as technology based programs designed to prepare students for entry into the workforce. Well prepared faculty and up-to-date programs of study ensure that Calhoun students are prepared for the world of work or for continued studies.Business and Industry Services is a division of the college committed to partnering with companies to support and extend training capabilities to meet increasingly complex job skill needs.
- The nearest community college to John C Calhoun State Community College is Huntsville Bible College (21.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 138 students | 21.30 Mi904 Oakwood Ave
Huntsville,  AL  35811
- 1,062 students | 22.80 Mi3421 Meridian St N
Huntsville,  AL  35811
- 5,343 students | 40.90 Mi801 Main St NW
Hanceville,  AL  35077
- 3,891 students | 42.00 Mi800 George Wallace Blvd
Muscle Shoals,  AL  35661
- 2,298 students | 53.90 Mi102 Elder Street
Boaz,  AL  35957
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.