John C Calhoun State Community College
- Calhoun Community College exemplifies the two-year college mission of commitment to excellence in teaching and service. For 59 years, Calhoun Community College has been involved in building an educational foundation for the residents of north Alabama.
The teacher population of 271 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|John C Calhoun State Community College||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||271 staff||75 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The largest of the two-year institutions comprising The Alabama College System, Calhoun is an open-admission, community-based, state-supported, coeducational, comprehensive community college dedicated to providing affordable, high-quality and accessible education to individuals in its four-county service area. Offering 49 associate degree programs and 52 career/certificate programs.At Calhoun Community College the instructional program is dedicated to providing high quality academic transfer courses as well as technology based programs designed to prepare students for entry into the workforce. Well prepared faculty and up-to-date programs of study ensure that Calhoun students are prepared for the world of work or for continued studies.Business and Industry Services is a division of the college committed to partnering with companies to support and extend training capabilities to meet increasingly complex job skill needs.
The nearest community college to John C Calhoun State Community College is Huntsville Bible College (21.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 128 students | 21.30 Mi906 Oakwood Ave
Huntsville,  AL  35811
(256) 469-7536 21.30128
- 831 students | 23.00 Mi3421 Meridian St N
Huntsville,  AL  35811
(256) 539-8161 23.00831
- 5,057 students | 40.80 Mi801 Main St NW
Hanceville,  AL  35077
(256) 352-8000 40.805,057
- 3,539 students | 41.90 Mi800 George Wallace Blvd
Muscle Shoals,  AL  35661
(256) 331-5200 41.903,539
- 2,280 students | 53.70 Mi102 Elder Street
Boaz,  AL  35957
(256) 593-5120 53.702,280
Learn about how the failure of the American auto industry, along with President Obama's education initiatives, will translate into increased enrollment in community college campuses.
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.