Front Range Community College
- Front Range Community College, the largest community college in Colorado, is a comprehensive, two-year, state-supported community college. Our students are recent high school graduates intending to earn technical certificates or Associate of Applied Science degrees for career. They are young adults intending to earn associate degrees and transfer to four-year schools. They are adult learners with career changes in mind. They are students of all ages pursuing their special interests. And they are the employees of business and industry, learning new skills.
Front Range Community College serves 18,703 students (24% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is higher than the state community college average of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 33% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 43%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 18,703 students
- In-state tuition: $3,365
- Out-state tuition: $12,693
- Student:teacher ratio: 19:1
- Minority enrollment: 33%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Front Range Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
The teacher population of 983 teachers has grown by 96% over five years.
Front Range Community College
(CO) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs
The student population of Front Range Community College has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has decreased from 20:1 over five years.
The Front Range Community College diversity score of 0.52 is less than the state average of 0.62. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,365 is less than the state average of $3,735. The in-state tuition has declined by 13% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $12,693 is more than the state average of $10,371. The out-state tuition has declined by 14% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Our curriculum prepares vocational, academic, and business-oriented students to succeed in a highly competitive, global economy by focusing on quality, innovation, technology, self initiative, and problem solving. Located near the crossroads of Adams, Boulder, Broomfield, and Jefferson counties at the start of the U.S. 36 technology corridor, FRCC-Westminster blends up-to-date technology with an old-fashioned commitment to personal attention and small class size. The area is a prime target for industry expansion and relocation. Students may choose from about a hundred career/technical certificates, degrees, and degree emphases. The Nursing and Interpreter Preparation programs have received Programs of Excellence Awards from the Colorado Commission on Higher Education. The City of Westminster collaborated with FRCC in creating College Hill Library, a joint-use library for college and community alike. The spacious Campus Center serves students as well as community organizations. Front Range Community College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, a commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Front Range Community College cost?
Front Range Community College's tuition is approximately $3,365 for In-State students and $12,693 for Out-State students.
What is Front Range Community College's ranking?
Front Range Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Colorado for: Largest student body.
Learn about the lucrative career opportunities in nano-technology and how you can begin your training right at community college.
The Top Challenges for Non-Traditional Students in Community College
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
January 17, 2023ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.