Kent State University at Ashtabula
- Kent State University's eight-campus network, one of the largest regional systems in the country, serves both the development of a true living/learning approach at the Kent Campus and regional needs on seven other campuses throughout Northeast Ohio. The Kent Campus provides the resources and facilities of a large, diverse university, while the Regional Campuses - Ashtabula, East Liverpool, Geauga, Salem, Stark, Trumbull and Tuscarawas - offer the friendly, casual atmosphere of small liberal arts colleges.
- The teacher population of 70 teachers has declined by 32% over five years.
|Kent State University at Ashtabula||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||70 staff||34 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,281 students||755 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||529 students||471 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,752 students||284 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.17||0.44|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,700||$31,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Since its founding as a teacher-training school in 1910, Kent State has become an engine for economic, cultural and workforce development in the region and beyond as one of the premiere Ohio colleges. The university also has earned acclaim for applying new knowledge to address the needs of the communities it serves and society as a whole. The Ashtabula Center of Kent State University was opened in the old Park Avenue Junior High School building in 1958. Oliver C. Topky donated 80 acres of land for the new campus in 1963. Main Hall broke ground in December 1965 and opened for classes in the fall of 1967. The Library and Tech buildings were added in 1972. Overlooking Lake Erie on State Route 531 and encompassing 125 wooded and grassy acres, the Ashtabula Campus is the northern-most of Kent State University's eight-campus system. Comprised of the Main Hall, the Library and the Technology Building, our facilities house classrooms; engineering, computer, science and health science labs; an auditorium, gymnasium and cafeteria; conference/banquet rooms, and administrative and faculty offices. The grounds include tennis courts, a baseball field, picnic areas and an outdoor stage. Kent State Ashtabula provides a university education in a small liberal arts college environment. The faculty includes nearly 100 full- and part-time instructors. No classes are taught by graduate assistants. Students enjoy the small class sizes and individual attention usually found only at private colleges, while benefiting from all the resources of Kent State University, Ohio's third-largest university. Kent State University Ashtabula Campus offers educational coursework leading to five bachelor's degrees and 17 associate degrees, featuring one of Ohio's Physical Therapy Assistant programs, as well as programs in hospitality management and nursing. The campus is equidistant between Cleveland, Erie and Youngstown and provides academic excellence and enrichment to a student body comprised of commuters, many of whom work part or full-time. Physical Therapy Assistant programs like the one at Kent State Ashtabula can lead to challenging and rewarding work in rehabilitation centers, nursing homes, school systems and private clinics.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,653 students | 32.50 Mi14111 Claridon-Troy Rd
Burton,  OH  44021
- 8,250 students | 32.60 Mi7700 Clocktower Drive
Willoughby,  OH  44094
- 652 students | 35.70 Mi5757 W 26th St
Erie,  PA  16506
- 471 students | 35.80 Mi35350 Curtis Blvd.
Eastlake,  OH  44095
- 125 students | 39.20 Mi847 N Main Street Ste 204
Meadville,  PA  16335
September 13, 2017
Learn about the different financial options you have for affording community college.
September 13, 2017
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
September 13, 2017
Do you feel stuck in a career you don't enjoy? Are you considering making a switch? If so, keep reading to learn about community college for changing careers.