Copper Mountain Community College
Tel: (760) 366-3791
- Copper Mountain Community College (CMC) provides an educational and employment environment free from discrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, sex, race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, or disability. CMC is an Equal Opportunity/ Title IX/Section 504 Employer. Concerns may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, EEOC, OCR, or the Chancellor’s Office. Copper Mountain College will be the educational and cultural center of the Morongo Basin. Through cooperative efforts with the community and within the college, we will develop innovative curricula matched to the needs of our students to prepare them to achieve their educational, employment, and life-long learning goals. Our mission is to provide access to educational opportunities for diverse desert communities through a comprehensive curriculum and a passion for the success of every individual student.
The teacher population of 80 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Copper Mountain Community College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||80 staff||97 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Copper Mountain Community College is Mayfield College (27.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 509 students | 27.00 Mi35-325 Date Palm Drive
Cathedral City,  CA  92234
(760) 328-5554 27.00509
- 9,719 students | 30.50 Mi43-500 Monterey Ave
Palm Desert,  CA  92260
(760) 346-8041 30.509,719
- 14,580 students | 49.40 Mi1499 N. State St.
San Jacinto,  CA  92583
(951) 487-6752 49.4014,580
- 5,932 students | 50.90 Mi11711 Sand Canyon Road
Forest Falls,  CA  92339
(909) 794-2161 50.905,932
- 104 students | 53.20 Mi1849 N. Wabash
Redlands,  CA  92374
(909) 794-1084 53.20104
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!