Copper Mountain Community College
- Copper Mountain Community College (CMC) provides an educational and employment environment free from discrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, sex, race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, or disability. CMC is an Equal Opportunity/ Title IX/Section 504 Employer. Concerns may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, EEOC, OCR, or the Chancellor’s Office. Copper Mountain College will be the educational and cultural center of the Morongo Basin. Through cooperative efforts with the community and within the college, we will develop innovative curricula matched to the needs of our students to prepare them to achieve their educational, employment, and life-long learning goals. Our mission is to provide access to educational opportunities for diverse desert communities through a comprehensive curriculum and a passion for the success of every individual student.
- The teacher population of 80 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Copper Mountain Community College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||80 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,652 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||686 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||966 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,400||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Copper Mountain Community College is Mayfield College (26.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 509 students | 26.30 Mi35-325 Date Palm Drive
Cathedral City,  CA  92234
- 9,719 students | 28.00 Mi43-500 Monterey Ave
Palm Desert,  CA  92260
- 379 students | 28.20 Mi2475 E Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs,  CA  92262
- 14,580 students | 49.00 Mi1499 N. State St.
San Jacinto,  CA  92583
- 5,932 students | 51.60 Mi11711 Sand Canyon Road
Forest Falls,  CA  92339
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.