Copper Mountain Community College
Tel: (760) 366-3791
- Copper Mountain Community College (CMC) provides an educational and employment environment free from discrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, sex, race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, or disability. CMC is an Equal Opportunity/ Title IX/Section 504 Employer. Concerns may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, EEOC, OCR, or the Chancellor’s Office. Copper Mountain College will be the educational and cultural center of the Morongo Basin. Through cooperative efforts with the community and within the college, we will develop innovative curricula matched to the needs of our students to prepare them to achieve their educational, employment, and life-long learning goals. Our mission is to provide access to educational opportunities for diverse desert communities through a comprehensive curriculum and a passion for the success of every individual student.
The teacher population of 80 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Copper Mountain Community College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||80 staff||145 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Copper Mountain Community College is Mayfield College (27.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 509 students | 27.00 Mi35-325 Date Palm Drive
Cathedral City,  CA  92234
(760) 328-5554 27.00509
- 11,412 students | 30.50 Mi43-500 Monterey Ave
Palm Desert,  CA  92260
(760) 346-8041 30.5011,412
- 15,751 students | 49.40 Mi1499 N. State St.
San Jacinto,  CA  92583
(951) 487-6752 49.4015,751
- 6,552 students | 50.90 Mi11711 Sand Canyon Road
Yucaipa,  CA  92339
(909) 794-2161 50.906,552
- 75 students | 53.20 Mi1849 N. Wabash Ave
Redlands,  CA  92374
(909) 794-1084 53.2075
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.