Copper Mountain Community College
- Copper Mountain Community College (CMC) provides an educational and employment environment free from discrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, sex, race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, or disability. CMC is an Equal Opportunity/ Title IX/Section 504 Employer. Concerns may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, EEOC, OCR, or the Chancellor’s Office. Copper Mountain College will be the educational and cultural center of the Morongo Basin. Through cooperative efforts with the community and within the college, we will develop innovative curricula matched to the needs of our students to prepare them to achieve their educational, employment, and life-long learning goals. Our mission is to provide access to educational opportunities for diverse desert communities through a comprehensive curriculum and a passion for the success of every individual student.
- The teacher population of 80 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Copper Mountain Community College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||80 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,652 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||686 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||966 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,400||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Copper Mountain Community College is Mayfield College (27.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 509 students | 27.00 Mi35-325 Date Palm Drive
Cathedral City,  CA  92234
- 9,719 students | 30.50 Mi43-500 Monterey Ave
Palm Desert,  CA  92260
- 14,580 students | 49.40 Mi1499 N. State St.
San Jacinto,  CA  92583
- 5,932 students | 50.90 Mi11711 Sand Canyon Road
Forest Falls,  CA  92339
- 104 students | 53.20 Mi1849 N. Wabash
Redlands,  CA  92374
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.