Copper Mountain Community College
- Copper Mountain Community College (CMC) provides an educational and employment environment free from discrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, sex, race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, or disability. CMC is an Equal Opportunity/ Title IX/Section 504 Employer. Concerns may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, EEOC, OCR, or the Chancellor’s Office. Copper Mountain College will be the educational and cultural center of the Morongo Basin. Through cooperative efforts with the community and within the college, we will develop innovative curricula matched to the needs of our students to prepare them to achieve their educational, employment, and life-long learning goals. Our mission is to provide access to educational opportunities for diverse desert communities through a comprehensive curriculum and a passion for the success of every individual student.
The teacher population of 80 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Copper Mountain Community College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||80 staff||149 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Copper Mountain Community College is Mayfield College (27.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 509 students | 27.00 Mi35-325 Date Palm Drive
Cathedral City, CA 92234
(760) 328-5554 27.00509
- 11,412 students | 30.50 Mi43-500 Monterey Ave
Palm Desert, CA 92260
(760) 346-8041 30.5011,412
- 15,751 students | 49.40 Mi1499 N. State St.
San Jacinto, CA 92583
(951) 487-6752 49.4015,751
- 6,552 students | 50.90 Mi11711 Sand Canyon Road
Yucaipa, CA 92339
(909) 794-2161 50.906,552
- 75 students | 53.20 Mi1849 N. Wabash Ave
Redlands, CA 92374
(909) 794-1084 53.2075
Leading the country in slashing public education spending, Arizona voted to defund higher education, including Pima and Maricopa Community College Districts, leaving many Arizona college students wondering what this new state legislation means for the future of their education.
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?