College of the Desert
- COD is a two-year, public institution that provides lower division academic, vocational, and basic skills education. We are a successful college because we make decisions based on a systematic assessment of the needs of the community and the application of our core values.
|College of the Desert||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||204 staff||149 staff|
- College of the Desert offers two types of academic tracks; (1) lower division transfer courses required for most majors and professions at four-year universities or colleges and, (2) a wide variety of curricular offerings designed to meet the needs of those preparing for immediate employment, for those who are currently employed and need to upgrade their skills, or for those who are interested in a job retraining program and personal development.The Center for Training and Development provides a variety of unique programs and services designed to assist in the growth and stability of both area businesses and the College itself.The Walter N. Marks Center for the Arts is a nonprofit cultural and educational facility located on College of the Desert's campus. Committed to educational excellence, The Marks Center provides a venue for artistic exploration, experimentation and research. Traditional formats of painting, drawing, sculpture ceramics, photography and printmaking are complemented by contemporary applications in papermaking, book arts, performance and installation arts. College of the Desert is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 509 students | 6.80 Mi35-325 Date Palm Drive
Cathedral City, CA 92234
(760) 328-5554 6.80509
- 1,748 students | 30.50 Mi6162 Rotary Way
Joshua Tree, CA 92252
(760) 366-3791 30.501,748
- 15,751 students | 33.80 Mi1499 N. State St.
San Jacinto, CA 92583
(951) 487-6752 33.8015,751
- 6,552 students | 45.90 Mi11711 Sand Canyon Road
Yucaipa, CA 92339
(909) 794-2161 45.906,552
- 50 students | 46.50 Mi26109 Ynez Road
Temecula, CA 92591
(800) 877-4380 46.5050