Mt San Jacinto Community College District
- The mission of Mt. San Jacinto College is to provide quality, educationally enriching experiences, programs and opportunities designed to empower students to serve as productive citizens in a dynamic and complex world.
- The teacher population of 309 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Mt San Jacinto Community College District||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||309 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||14,580 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||47:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||5,114 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||9,466 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,000||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Mt. San Jacinto Community College District was formed in 1962 by a vote of the citizens in Banning, Beaumont, Hemet and San Jacinto. The college enrolled its first students in the fall of 1963, holding classes in rented facilities. The San Jacinto Campus was opened in 1965 with two buildings and has grown into a comprehensive college campus serving the needs of students and the community. In 1975, the residents of Temecula, Lake Elsinore, Perris and adjacent areas voted to join the Mt. San Jacinto Community College District, increasing the college's area to the present 1,700 square miles. Although the boundaries have remained stable since 1975, the District has changed dramatically, especially since the 1980's. In recent years, unprecedented population growth has fostered the highest rate of enrollment increase of all 109 community colleges. With the rapid growth in enrollments, the District has engaged in extensive planning and development to ensure state-of-the-art learning environments for Mt. San Jacinto College students. The San Jacinto Campus has been master-planned and essentially will be rebuilt over the next 15 to 20 years to accommodate 12,000 to 15,000 students. In the fall of 1993, the Alice P. Cutting Business & Technology Center opened to students with new laboratories for Business, Computer Information Science, Engineering Technologies, Electronics and Photography. In the fall of 1995, a state-of-the-art music building opened on the San Jacinto Campus. Mt. San Jacinto College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, a regional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Association and the U. S. Department of Education, Board of Registered Nursing and the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technician Examiners.
- The nearest community college to Mt San Jacinto Community College District is Crafton Hills College (18.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,932 students | 18.00 Mi11711 Sand Canyon Road
Forest Falls,  CA  92339
- 407 students | 20.30 Mi12125 Day Street, Bldg. L
Moreno Valley,  CA  92557
- 104 students | 21.80 Mi1849 N. Wabash
Redlands,  CA  92374
- 248 students | 22.20 Mi26109 Ynez Road
Temecula,  CA  92591
- 737 students | 25.20 Mi217 E. Club Center Drive, Ste. A
San Bernardino,  CA  92408
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.