Mt San Jacinto Community College District
Tel: (951) 487-6752
- The mission of Mt. San Jacinto College is to provide quality, educationally enriching experiences, programs and opportunities designed to empower students to serve as productive citizens in a dynamic and complex world.
The teacher population of 309 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Mt San Jacinto Community College District||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||309 staff||149 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Mt. San Jacinto Community College District was formed in 1962 by a vote of the citizens in Banning, Beaumont, Hemet and San Jacinto. The college enrolled its first students in the fall of 1963, holding classes in rented facilities. The San Jacinto Campus was opened in 1965 with two buildings and has grown into a comprehensive college campus serving the needs of students and the community. In 1975, the residents of Temecula, Lake Elsinore, Perris and adjacent areas voted to join the Mt. San Jacinto Community College District, increasing the college's area to the present 1,700 square miles. Although the boundaries have remained stable since 1975, the District has changed dramatically, especially since the 1980's. In recent years, unprecedented population growth has fostered the highest rate of enrollment increase of all 109 community colleges. With the rapid growth in enrollments, the District has engaged in extensive planning and development to ensure state-of-the-art learning environments for Mt. San Jacinto College students. The San Jacinto Campus has been master-planned and essentially will be rebuilt over the next 15 to 20 years to accommodate 12,000 to 15,000 students. In the fall of 1993, the Alice P. Cutting Business & Technology Center opened to students with new laboratories for Business, Computer Information Science, Engineering Technologies, Electronics and Photography. In the fall of 1995, a state-of-the-art music building opened on the San Jacinto Campus. Mt. San Jacinto College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, a regional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Association and the U. S. Department of Education, Board of Registered Nursing and the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technician Examiners.
The nearest community college to Mt San Jacinto Community College District is Moreno Valley College (14.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,074 students | 14.60 Mi16130 Lasselle St
Moreno Valley, CA 92551
(951) 571-6100 14.6010,074
- 6,552 students | 18.00 Mi11711 Sand Canyon Road
Yucaipa, CA 92339
(909) 794-2161 18.006,552
- 407 students | 20.40 Mi12125 Day Street, Bldg. L
Moreno Valley, CA 92557
(951) 781-2727 20.40407
- 484 students | 20.80 Mi6465 Sycamore Canyon Blvd Ste 100
Riverside, CA 92507
(951) 572-4300 20.80484
- 75 students | 21.70 Mi1849 N. Wabash Ave
Redlands, CA 92374
(909) 794-1084 21.7075
Leading the country in slashing public education spending, Arizona voted to defund higher education, including Pima and Maricopa Community College Districts, leaving many Arizona college students wondering what this new state legislation means for the future of their education.
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?