- Crafton Hills College wants you to achieve your educational, career, and personal goals. We are here to help!
- You`re not just one of 5,500 students to us. You are an individual with ambition, aspirations, and goals. We see your potential and will help you engage, learn and advance.
- Not only is Crafton beautiful with new buildings and breathtaking views there are tons of opportunities for interaction in student clubs, athletics, field trips, Three Peaks events, and fun activities in the Quad.
- We`ve got professors with master`s degrees and Ph. D.s Experienced and dedicated. Connected and engaging.
- We offer 50+ associate degrees and 25 career certificate programs, including our premier fire academy, to ensure you train for a high-paying job or transfer to a four-year university. We have a track record of students transferring to their university of choice after two years at Crafton.
- Let's Go!
Crafton Hills College serves 6,012 students (33% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is lower than the state community college average of 21:1.
Minority enrollment is 62% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 74%.
- Enrollment: 6,012 students
- In-state tuition: $1,142
- Out-state tuition: $5,606
- Student:teacher ratio: 20:1
- Minority enrollment: 62%
- Source: Verified school update
The teacher population of 308 teachers has grown by 112% over five years.
Crafton Hills College
(CA) Community College Avg.
Less than 2 yrs
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Crafton Hills College has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has decreased from 22:1 over five years.
The Crafton Hills College diversity score of 0.64 is less than the state average of 0.71. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $1,142 is less than the state average of $1,993. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $5,606 is less than the state average of $7,120. The out-state tuition has declined by 25% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Total Sports Offered
Cross Country, Swimming, Water Polo
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Crafton Hills is one of 116 colleges in the California Community College system, the largest college system in the world. Located on rolling hills above the Yucaipa Valley and surrounded by an undisturbed natural environment, Crafton Hills offers more than 50 majors in the liberal arts and sciences, vocations, and technical studies. Crafton Hills is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, the accrediting body for California and the Western Pacific. Whether your goal is to transfer to a four-year college or to get job training for a new career, Crafton Hills can help you with your future. The college also offers a variety of recreational, cultural, and social opportunities. The music program under the direction of Mark McConnell hosts student recitals and performances throughout the year. Theatre Arts has become renowned for its excellent productions of award-winning Broadway plays, musicals, and the classics. At Crafton Hills, students have extracurricular opportunities to explore their interests in clubs, student government, and educational field trips.
Profile last updated: 07/11/2023
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Crafton Hills College cost?
Crafton Hills College's tuition is approximately $1,142 for In-State students and $5,606 for Out-State students.
What sports does Crafton Hills College offer?
Crafton Hills College offers 3 interscholastic sports: Cross Country, Swimming and Water Polo.
What is Crafton Hills College's ranking?
Crafton Hills College ranks among the top 20% of community college in California for: Least expensive tuition.
Simple Mistakes Cost Community College Students Millions
Are you receiving the full financial aid you should? The process of applying for financial aid can be both time-consuming and confusing, especially for first-time college students. Learn about common errors to avoid in order to maximize your financial aid opportunities.
OSHA Training at Community College: Making Workplace Safety Easier
Businesses and prospective employees need to look no further than community colleges for valuable, certified, and affordable OSHA training.
Careers: Smart Grid Tecnology
The "smart grid" presents a myriad of opportunities for green collar jobs. Learn about the job prospects in the industry and how your local community college can provide you with the training to capitalize on this growing industry.