- Barstow Community College is a two-year institution of higher education, committed to both student learning and success. The institution fosters an innovative learning environment that respects the diversity of individual backgrounds, abilities, cultures and interests. It prepares students for transfer to four-year colleges and universities. The College provides vocational education and training programs and courses that give students the knowledge, skills and certification necessary for entry through advanced level employment and career advancement.
Barstow Community College serves 2,444 students (43% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is lower than the state community college average of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 69% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 74%.
- Enrollment: 2,444 students
- In-state tuition: $1,104
- Out-state tuition: $5,400
- Student:teacher ratio: 13:1
- Minority enrollment: 69%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 186 teachers has grown by 177% over five years.
Barstow Community College
(CA) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Barstow Community College has declined by 20% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five years.
The Barstow Community College diversity score of 0.72 is more than the state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $1,104 is less than the state average of $1,246. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $5,400 is less than the state average of $6,603. The out-state tuition has declined by 19% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- The College offers basic skill and enrichment programming for under-prepared and disadvantaged students as well as lifelong learning opportunities and continuing education courses for community members. It provides counseling and other support services to assist students in the identification of their goals and achievement of their personal, educational and employment potential. The College uses institutional research to advance its mission and its role in the community. The College works in partnership with military bases, local governments, agencies, businesses and schools to promote positive community development, economic growth, and change. Barstow College Learning Resource Center's mission is to serve the instructional and student support needs for the campus community through the following services: Library Tutoring Center Computer Commons Instructional Media Services. Barstow College offers Associate Degrees as well as Certificates. The intercollegiate athletic program at Barstow Community College consists of a combined 4 men's and women's varsity sport teams including baseball, men's and women's basketball, and women's softball. Barstow College's Counseling Department is staffed with professional counselors who offer individual counseling for students who want assistance in coping with the problems they face in everyday life. Issues relating to self-esteem, anxieties, relationships, and academic performance are common obstacles for college students.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Barstow Community College cost?
Barstow Community College's tuition is approximately $1,104 for In-State students and $5,400 for Out-State students.
What is Barstow Community College's ranking?
Barstow Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in California for: Least expensive tuition.
How to Take Online Community College Classes for Free
Learn about programs across the country that allow students to take online community college classes for free.
A Nontraditional Student’s Guide to Community College
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Beyond the High School Classroom: The Pros and Cons of Dual Enrollment
Explore the intricacies of dual enrollment, a growing educational trend that allows high school students to earn college credits. This comprehensive guide delves into its history, eligibility requirements, benefits, and drawbacks, offering valuable insights for both parents and students considering this path.