Barstow Community College
Tel: (760) 252-2411
- Barstow Community College is a two-year institution of higher education, committed to both student learning and success. The institution fosters an innovative learning environment that respects the diversity of individual backgrounds, abilities, cultures and interests. It prepares students for transfer to four-year colleges and universities. The College provides vocational education and training programs and courses that give students the knowledge, skills and certification necessary for entry through advanced level employment and career advancement.
The teacher population of 67 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Barstow Community College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||67 staff||145 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The College offers basic skill and enrichment programming for under-prepared and disadvantaged students as well as lifelong learning opportunities and continuing education courses for community members. It provides counseling and other support services to assist students in the identification of their goals and achievement of their personal, educational and employment potential. The College uses institutional research to advance its mission and its role in the community. The College works in partnership with military bases, local governments, agencies, businesses and schools to promote positive community development, economic growth, and change. Barstow College Learning Resource Center's mission is to serve the instructional and student support needs for the campus community through the following services: Library Tutoring Center Computer Commons Instructional Media Services. Barstow College offers Associate Degrees as well as Certificates. The intercollegiate athletic program at Barstow Community College consists of a combined 4 men's and women's varsity sport teams including baseball, men's and women's basketball, and women's softball. Barstow College's Counseling Department is staffed with professional counselors who offer individual counseling for students who want assistance in coping with the problems they face in everyday life. Issues relating to self-esteem, anxieties, relationships, and academic performance are common obstacles for college students.
The nearest community college to Barstow Community College is Victor Valley College (30.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 12,231 students | 30.80 Mi18422 Bear Valley Rd
Victorville,  CA  92395
(760) 245-00000000 30.8012,231
- n/a students | 37.40 Mi9331 Mariposa Road
Hesperia,  CA  92344
(760) 948-1947 37.40n/a
- 75 students | 54.90 Mi1849 N. Wabash Ave
Redlands,  CA  92374
(909) 794-0000000 54.9075
- 13,837 students | 56.50 Mi701 South Mount Vernon Avenue
San Bernardino,  CA  92410
(909) 384-4400 56.5013,837
- 6,552 students | 57.50 Mi11711 Sand Canyon Road
Yucaipa,  CA  92339
(909) 794-2161 57.506,552
Learn about how the community college tuition hikes in the next year may be greater than the rate of inflation.
In light of the huge budget cuts facing California community colleges, class rationing is now on the table as one option to help schools stay in the black. Is it right, fair or even practical? We’ll explore the issue.
Learn about how some convicted criminals abused community colleges' financial aid programs and why Congress has decided to prohibit criminals from being eligible for future aid.