Barstow Community College
Tel: (760) 252-2411
- Barstow Community College is a two-year institution of higher education, committed to both student learning and success. The institution fosters an innovative learning environment that respects the diversity of individual backgrounds, abilities, cultures and interests. It prepares students for transfer to four-year colleges and universities. The College provides vocational education and training programs and courses that give students the knowledge, skills and certification necessary for entry through advanced level employment and career advancement.
- The teacher population of 67 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Barstow Community College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||67 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,859 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||403 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,456 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,500||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The College offers basic skill and enrichment programming for under-prepared and disadvantaged students as well as lifelong learning opportunities and continuing education courses for community members. It provides counseling and other support services to assist students in the identification of their goals and achievement of their personal, educational and employment potential. The College uses institutional research to advance its mission and its role in the community. The College works in partnership with military bases, local governments, agencies, businesses and schools to promote positive community development, economic growth, and change. Barstow College Learning Resource Center's mission is to serve the instructional and student support needs for the campus community through the following services: Library Tutoring Center Computer Commons Instructional Media Services. Barstow College offers Associate Degrees as well as Certificates. The intercollegiate athletic program at Barstow Community College consists of a combined 4 men's and women's varsity sport teams including baseball, men's and women's basketball, and women's softball. Barstow College's Counseling Department is staffed with professional counselors who offer individual counseling for students who want assistance in coping with the problems they face in everyday life. Issues relating to self-esteem, anxieties, relationships, and academic performance are common obstacles for college students.
- The nearest community college to Barstow Community College is Victor Valley College (30.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 11,557 students | 30.80 Mi18422 Bear Valley Rd
Victorville,  CA  92395
(760) 245-4271 30.8011,557
- n/a students | 37.40 Mi9331 Mariposa Road
Hesperia,  CA  92344
(760) 948-1947 37.40n/a
- 104 students | 54.90 Mi1849 N. Wabash
Redlands,  CA  92374
(909) 794-1084 54.90104
- 17,044 students | 56.50 Mi701 South Mount Vernon Avenue
San Bernardino,  CA  92410
(909) 384-4400 56.5017,044
- 5,932 students | 57.50 Mi11711 Sand Canyon Road
Forest Falls,  CA  92339
(909) 794-2161 57.505,932
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
The millennial generation is assumed to be entitled, lazy, and tech-obsessed. When you graduate from college, you may find yourself working against these stereotypes to land your first job. Keep reading to learn some tips for breaking those millennial stereotypes.
If capturing a moment in time calls to you, then consider developing your photography career starting at your community college. Learn about how community colleges can train and prepare you for a career in photography.