- Barstow Community College is a two-year institution of higher education, committed to both student learning and success. The institution fosters an innovative learning environment that respects the diversity of individual backgrounds, abilities, cultures and interests. It prepares students for transfer to four-year colleges and universities. The College provides vocational education and training programs and courses that give students the knowledge, skills and certification necessary for entry through advanced level employment and career advancement.
- Enrollment: 2,444 students
- In-state tuition: $1,104
- Out-state tuition: $5,400
- Student:teacher ratio: 13:1
- Minority enrollment: 69%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The College offers basic skill and enrichment programming for under-prepared and disadvantaged students as well as lifelong learning opportunities and continuing education courses for community members. It provides counseling and other support services to assist students in the identification of their goals and achievement of their personal, educational and employment potential. The College uses institutional research to advance its mission and its role in the community. The College works in partnership with military bases, local governments, agencies, businesses and schools to promote positive community development, economic growth, and change. Barstow College Learning Resource Center's mission is to serve the instructional and student support needs for the campus community through the following services: Library Tutoring Center Computer Commons Instructional Media Services. Barstow College offers Associate Degrees as well as Certificates. The intercollegiate athletic program at Barstow Community College consists of a combined 4 men's and women's varsity sport teams including baseball, men's and women's basketball, and women's softball. Barstow College's Counseling Department is staffed with professional counselors who offer individual counseling for students who want assistance in coping with the problems they face in everyday life. Issues relating to self-esteem, anxieties, relationships, and academic performance are common obstacles for college students.