Community College of Beaver County
- For over 30 years, CCBC has proudly upheld its mission to provide accessible, affordable, high quality education and training to the citizens of Beaver County and surrounding areas.
- Enrollment: 1,713 students
- In-state tuition: $8,790
- Out-state tuition: $12,990
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 14%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Community College of Beaver County ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Founded in 1966 at Freedom PA. The College leased floors of the Freedom National Bank and 17 vacant storefronts for classrooms and offices. In 1971, CCBC moved its headquarters to Center Township. The Allied Health Building was added in 1973 and the Dome, a geodesic recreational facility was completed in 1976. In 1990, the Aviation Sciences Center was added. Construction on the Library Resource Center was completed in January 1997. The Beaver Technology Education Center (BTEC), located at the Aviation Sciences Center, opened its doors during the summer of 2001. The college is located at Monaca, Pennsylvania, in rural Center Township, Beaver County. The campus has nine buildings, including an athletic field are situated on 100 acres of land admist a blend of modern architecture and inviting green space. Other locations include the Aviation Sciences Center in Chippewa Township and BTEC, located at the Aviation Sciences Center. The Prevention Project is located at the Beaver Valley Intermediate Unit in Center Township. We offer associate degrees designed to satisfy the requirements for the first two years of a bachelor's degree for students interested in transfer. We also offer associate degrees and certificates through a variety of occupational programs for students wanting to proceed directly into the world of work.we provide developmental education courses designed to assist students in enhancing their skills in communications and math. We also provide job skills training through a broad array of non-credit classes offered by the Division of Continuing Education. CCBC provides high quality, accessible and affordable educational opportunities and services-including university transfer, technical and continuing education programs-that promote individual development and improve the overall quality of life in our community. College offers approximately 500 credit courses in more than 38 career and technical programs and liberal arts curricula. Approximately 103 off-campus credit and non-credit courses are available at various locations near home, at work sites, and on the Internet. The college is accreditated by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education; CCBC is also certified and approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Community College of Beaver County cost?
Community College of Beaver County's tuition is approximately $8,790 for In-State students and $12,990 for Out-State students.
What is Community College of Beaver County's ranking?
Community College of Beaver County ranks among the top 20% of community college in Pennsylvania for: Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).