Kent State University at East Liverpool
- Kent State University's eight-campus network, one of the largest regional systems in the country, serves both the development of a true living/learning approach at the Kent Campus and regional needs on seven other campuses throughout Northeast Ohio. The Kent Campus provides the resources and facilities of a large, diverse university, while the Regional Campuses - Ashtabula, East Liverpool, Geauga, Salem, Stark, Trumbull and Tuscarawas - offer the friendly, casual atmosphere of small liberal arts colleges.
The teacher population of 39 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Kent State University at East Liverpool||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||39 staff||35 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Since its founding as a teacher-training school in 1910, Kent State has become an engine for economic, cultural and workforce development in the region and beyond as one of the premiere Ohio colleges. The university also has earned acclaim for applying new knowledge to address the needs of the communities it serves and society as a whole. Established in 1965, Kent State's East Liverpool Campus occupies a downtown site overlooking the Ohio River and includes the Main Building, Memorial Auditorium, Mary Patterson Building and a Commons. Kent State University East Liverpool Campus offers classes and coursework leading to 12 associate degrees and seven bachelor's degrees, including one of Ohio's occupational therapy assistant programs, computer technology and physical therapy assistant training. With small class sizes, available counseling and tutoring to help students excel, and over 200 academic paths that can be started on campus and completed within the Kent State system, our southeastern Ohio campus is a convenient center for learning and career enhancement. Kent State University is accredited without reservation by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The nearest community college to Kent State University at East Liverpool is Ohio Valley College of Technology (4.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 146 students | 4.30 Mi15258 State Route 170
East Liverpool,  OH  43920
(330) 385-1070 4.30146
- 2,255 students | 14.50 Mi1 Campus Drive
Monaca,  PA  15061
(724) 480-2222 14.502,255
- n/a students | 17.40 Mi4000 Sunset Blvd
Steubenville,  OH  43952
(740) 264-5591 17.40n/a
- 1,799 students | 21.80 Mi2491 State Route 45 South
Salem,  OH  44460
(330) 332-0361 21.801,799
- 2,045 students | 24.30 Mi1111 McKee Road
Oakdale,  PA  15071
(412) 809-5100 24.302,045
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!