- Kent State University's eight-campus network, one of the largest regional systems in the country, serves both the development of a true living/learning approach at the Kent Campus and regional needs on seven other campuses throughout Northeast Ohio. The Kent Campus provides the resources and facilities of a large, diverse university, while the Regional Campuses - Ashtabula, East Liverpool, Geauga, Salem, Stark, Trumbull and Tuscarawas - offer the friendly, casual atmosphere of small liberal arts colleges.
Kent State University at East Liverpool serves 1,173 students (4% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 is higher than the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 18% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the state average of 28%.
- Enrollment: 1,173 students
- In-state tuition: $5,664
- Out-state tuition: $13,624
- Student:teacher ratio: 23:1
- Minority enrollment: 18%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 52 teachers has grown by 33% over five years.
Kent State University at East Liverpool
(OH) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
Four or more years
The student population of Kent State University at East Liverpool has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has increased from 22:1 over five years.
The Kent State University at East Liverpool diversity score of 0.32 is less than the state average of 0.46. The school's diversity has grown by 17% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $5,664 is more than the state average of $4,876. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $13,624 is more than the state average of $11,127. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Since its founding as a teacher-training school in 1910, Kent State has become an engine for economic, cultural and workforce development in the region and beyond as one of the premiere Ohio colleges. The university also has earned acclaim for applying new knowledge to address the needs of the communities it serves and society as a whole. Established in 1965, Kent State's East Liverpool Campus occupies a downtown site overlooking the Ohio River and includes the Main Building, Memorial Auditorium, Mary Patterson Building and a Commons. Kent State University East Liverpool Campus offers classes and coursework leading to 12 associate degrees and seven bachelor's degrees, including one of Ohio's occupational therapy assistant programs, computer technology and physical therapy assistant training. With small class sizes, available counseling and tutoring to help students excel, and over 200 academic paths that can be started on campus and completed within the Kent State system, our southeastern Ohio campus is a convenient center for learning and career enhancement. Kent State University is accredited without reservation by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Kent State University at East Liverpool cost?
Kent State University at East Liverpool's tuition is approximately $5,664 for In-State students and $13,624 for Out-State students.
What is Kent State University at East Liverpool's ranking?
Kent State University at East Liverpool ranks among the top 20% of community college in Ohio for: Percent of students receiving financial aid.
How to Take Online Community College Classes for Free
Learn about programs across the country that allow students to take online community college classes for free.
A Nontraditional Student’s Guide to Community College
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Beyond the High School Classroom: The Pros and Cons of Dual Enrollment
Explore the intricacies of dual enrollment, a growing educational trend that allows high school students to earn college credits. This comprehensive guide delves into its history, eligibility requirements, benefits, and drawbacks, offering valuable insights for both parents and students considering this path.