The College of Westchester
- The College of Westchester is dedicated to providing you with the outstanding, career-focused education you want in order to embrace a rewarding future.
The College of Westchester serves 906 students (80% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is lower than the state community college average of 11:1.
Minority enrollment is 92% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 61%.
- Enrollment: 906 students
- In-state tuition: $21,015
- Out-state tuition: $21,015
- Acceptance Rate: 94%
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 92%
- Source: Verified school update
The teacher population of 115 teachers has grown by 40% over five years.
The College of Westchester
(NY) Community College Avg.
Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's
Baccalaureate Colleges: Diverse Fields
Less than 2 yrs
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of The College of Westchester has declined by 19% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has decreased from 22:1 over five years.
The The College of Westchester diversity score of 0.62 is less than the state average of 0.74. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $21,015 is more than the state average of $5,464. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $21,015 is more than the state average of $10,103. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- The College of Westchester (CW) offers degree programs that are conveniently tailored to your academic needs. Programs are offered in the areas of Accounting, Business Management/Marketing, Computer Networking, Digital Media, and Allied Health. The College of Westchester is a career college where the vast majority of your courses are directly related to your major field of study. You can earn a bachelor's degree in as little as 3 years or an associate degree in as little as 19 months. In a short certificate program, you can obtain specialized job skills to jump-start or up-grade your career. These short programs are popular among students who already have some advanced skills or education and those who want to be employable and promotable in the shortest possible time. The College of Westchester is accredited by The Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The college is authorized by the Board of Regents of the State of New York to confer the Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.), the Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) and Associate in Occupational Studies (A.O.S.) degrees.
An In-Depth Guide to Financing Options for Community College
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
Do You Need to Take the GRE for Community College Applications?
No matter where you choose to go to college you'll have to take some kind of standardized test. The GRE is often required for graduate programs, but it may also benefit your community college application.
Tips for Minimizing Educational Debt While in School
Education becomes more expensive with each passing year so it is important to make smart use of your student loans and to minimize your debt while you are in school whenever possible.