The College of Westchester
The teacher population of 50 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|The College of Westchester||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||50 staff||88 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The College of Westchester (CW) offers degree programs that are conveniently tailored to your academic needs. Programs are offered in the areas of Accounting, Business Management/Marketing, Computer Networking, Digital Media, and Allied Health. The College of Westchester is a career college where the vast majority of your courses are directly related to your major field of study. You can earn a bachelor's degree in as little as 3 years or an associate degree in as little as 19 months. In a short certificate program, you can obtain specialized job skills to jump-start or up-grade your career. These short programs are popular among students who already have some advanced skills or education and those who want to be employable and promotable in the shortest possible time. The College of Westchester is accredited by The Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The college is authorized by the Board of Regents of the State of New York to confer the Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.), the Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) and Associate in Occupational Studies (A.O.S.) degrees.
The nearest community college to The College of Westchester is Berkeley college (White plains) (0.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 625 students | 0.90 Mi99 church street
White Plains,  NY  10601
(914) 694-1122 0.90625
- 11,535 students | 2.20 Mi75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla,  NY  10595
(914) 606-6600 2.2011,535
- 107 students | 6.90 Mi967 North Broadway-Andrus Pavillion-Saint John's Riverside, HOSP
Yonkers,  NY  10701
(914) 964-4296 6.90107
- n/a students | 8.50 Mi434 Main Street
New Rochelle,  NY  10801
- 148 students | 8.90 Mi53 Valentine Street
Mount Vernon,  NY  10550
(914) 361-6537 8.90148
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.