The College of Westchester
- The teacher population of 50 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|The College of Westchester||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||50 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||916 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||721 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||195 students||538 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,400||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The College of Westchester (CW) offers degree programs that are conveniently tailored to your academic needs. Programs are offered in the areas of Accounting, Business Management/Marketing, Computer Networking, Digital Media, and Allied Health. The College of Westchester is a career college where the vast majority of your courses are directly related to your major field of study. You can earn a bachelor's degree in as little as 3 years or an associate degree in as little as 19 months. In a short certificate program, you can obtain specialized job skills to jump-start or up-grade your career. These short programs are popular among students who already have some advanced skills or education and those who want to be employable and promotable in the shortest possible time. The College of Westchester is accredited by The Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The college is authorized by the Board of Regents of the State of New York to confer the Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.), the Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) and Associate in Occupational Studies (A.O.S.) degrees.
- The nearest community college to The College of Westchester is Berkeley college (White plains) (0.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 625 students | 0.90 Mi99 church street
White Plains,  NY  10601
- 13,916 students | 2.40 Mi75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla,  NY  10595
- n/a students | 8.50 Mi434 Main Street
New Rochelle,  NY  10801
- n/a students | 8.90 Mi53 Valentine St
Mount Vernon,  NY  10550
- 93 students | 9.30 Mi967 North Broadway-Andrus Pavillion-Saint John's Riverside, HOSP
Yonkers,  NY  10701
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.