Coastal Alabama Community College
- Faulkner State Community College has an open-door admissions policy and is committed to the professional and cultural growth of each student without regard to race, color, gender, disability, religion, creed, national origin, or age. The College strives to provide an educational environment that promotes development and learning through a wide variety of educational programs and instructional strategies, adequate and comfortable facilities, a caring and well-qualified staff, flexible scheduling, and convenient locations. This effort is based upon the economic and social needs of the College service area.
- Enrollment: 6,653 students
- In-state tuition: $4,200
- Out-state tuition: $7,530
- Student:teacher ratio: 16:1
- Minority enrollment: 32%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Coastal Alabama Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Faulkner State Community College, a public two-year institution located in Baldwin County in southwest Alabama, has three campuses located in Bay Minette, Gulf Shores, and Fairhope.
- The Bay Minette campus is the administrative campus. The College which was one of the 13 original two-year colleges created by an act of the Alabama Legislature in 1963 is under the authority of the State Board of Education.
- Faulkner State is a member of the Alabama College System which is composed of the thirty-one public two year colleges and the one upper division college.
- Faulkner State Community College offers some courses over the Internet each semester. Internet classes are designated as such in the class schedules. You are encouraged to complete an Internet class orientation prior to the beginning of your first Internet class.
- The College is dedicated to the total development of the individual and provides many opportunities for student participation.
- Students bring to the campus a variety of interests as members of the academic community. They are encouraged to continue their interests in various campus clubs and organizations and to form new associations.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Coastal Alabama Community College cost?
Coastal Alabama Community College's tuition is approximately $4,200 for In-State students and $7,530 for Out-State students.
What is Coastal Alabama Community College's ranking?
Coastal Alabama Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Alabama for: Largest student body and Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).