Bishop State Community College
- Bishop State Community College is a state-supported, open-admission, urban community college located in Mobile, Alabama. The College consists of four city campuses, dedicated to serving the residents of Mobile and Washington counties in southwest Alabama. The College is part of the Alabama College System, the state-supported network of two-year community, junior, and technical colleges that serves the residents of Alabama.
- The teacher population of 110 teachers has declined by 43% over five years.
|Bishop State Community College||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||110 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,320 students||1,756 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,878 students||1,004 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,442 students||752 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,500||$29,700|
- The four campuses make Bishop State the most convenient college option in Mobile. All four campuses -- Main, Baker-Gaines Central, Carver and Southwest -- are located within the city limits. The Main and Baker-Gaines Central campuses offer day-care services for parents enrolled in Bishop State classes. There are seven off-campus sites located in Mobile and Washington counties -- Alma Bryant, Baker, Citronelle, Mary Montgomery, McIntosh, Theodore and Washington County high schools.Bishop State offers high quality educational and support services in each of the College's six academic divisions: Education, Humanities, Natural Science and Mathematics, Business and Economics, Social Sciences, and the Health-Related Professions.Bishop State offers academic and institutional scholarships, athletic scholarships, Federal Pell grants, work study programs and other forms of financial assistance.Bishop State Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), the Alabama State Board of Education, the National League for Nursing, the Commission on Accreditation for Physical Therapy Education, the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education, the American Culinary Federation Education Institute Accrediting Commission, the American Board of Funeral Service Education, and the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 575 students | 5.00 Mi3725 Airport Blvd, Suite 165
Mobile,  AL  36608
- 352 students | 5.30 Mi7033 Airport Blvd.
Mobile,  AL  36608
- 518 students | 5.50 Mi828 Downtowner Loop W
Mobile,  AL  36609
- 4,094 students | 19.70 Mi1900 US Hwy 31 S
Bay Minette,  AL  36507
- 10,317 students | 52.90 Mi1000 College Blvd
Pensacola,  FL  32504