Bishop State Community College
- Bishop State Community College is a state-supported, open-admission, urban community college located in Mobile, Alabama. The College consists of four city campuses, dedicated to serving the residents of Mobile and Washington counties in southwest Alabama. The College is part of the Alabama College System, the state-supported network of two-year community and technical colleges that serves the residents of Alabama.
- Enrollment: 2,176 students
- In-state tuition: $4,260
- Out-state tuition: $7,650
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 75%
- Source: Verified school update
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The four campuses make Bishop State the most convenient college option in Mobile. All four campuses -- Main, Baker-Gaines Central, Carver and Southwest -- are located within the city limits. There are seven off-campus sites located in Mobile and Washington counties -- Alma Bryant, Baker, Citronelle, McIntosh, Theodore and Semmes. Bishop State offers high quality educational and support services in each of the College's six academic divisions: Education, Humanities, Natural Science and Mathematics, Business and Economics, Social Sciences, and the Health-Related Professions. Bishop State offers academic and institutional scholarships, athletic scholarships, Federal Pell grants, work study programs and other forms of financial assistance. Bishop State is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) Commission on Colleges, the Alabama State Board of Education, the National League for Nursing, the Commission on Accreditation for Physical Therapy Education, the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education, the American Culinary Federation Education Institute Accrediting Commission, and the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Bishop State Community College cost?
Bishop State Community College's tuition is approximately $4,260 for In-State students and $7,650 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Bishop State Community College?
The acceptance rate of Bishop State Community College is 100%, which is higher than the state average of 81%.
What sports does Bishop State Community College offer?
Bishop State Community College offers 4 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Golf and Softball.
What is Bishop State Community College's ranking?
Bishop State Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Alabama for: Average community college minority breakdown.