Bishop State Community College
Tel: (251) 405-7005
- Bishop State Community College is a state-supported, open-admission, urban community college located in Mobile, Alabama. The College consists of four city campuses, dedicated to serving the residents of Mobile and Washington counties in southwest Alabama. The College is part of the Alabama College System, the state-supported network of two-year community and technical colleges that serves the residents of Alabama.
- The teacher population of 110 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Bishop State Community College||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||110 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,320 students||1,756 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,878 students||1,004 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,442 students||752 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,500||$29,500|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Golf, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The four campuses make Bishop State the most convenient college option in Mobile. All four campuses -- Main, Baker-Gaines Central, Carver and Southwest -- are located within the city limits. There are seven off-campus sites located in Mobile and Washington counties -- Alma Bryant, Baker, Citronelle, McIntosh, Theodore and Semmes. Bishop State offers high quality educational and support services in each of the College's six academic divisions: Education, Humanities, Natural Science and Mathematics, Business and Economics, Social Sciences, and the Health-Related Professions. Bishop State offers academic and institutional scholarships, athletic scholarships, Federal Pell grants, work study programs and other forms of financial assistance. Bishop State is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) Commission on Colleges, the Alabama State Board of Education, the National League for Nursing, the Commission on Accreditation for Physical Therapy Education, the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education, the American Culinary Federation Education Institute Accrediting Commission, and the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs.
- The nearest community college to Bishop State Community College is Remington College-Mobile Campus (5.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 518 students | 5.50 Mi828 Downtowner Loop W
Mobile,  AL  36609
(251) 343-8200 5.50518
- 352 students | 8.90 Mi7033 Airport Blvd.
Mobile,  AL  36608
(251) 344-1203 8.90352
- 4,094 students | 19.80 Mi1900 US Hwy 31 S
Bay Minette,  AL  36507
(251) 580-2100 19.804,094
- 10,317 students | 53.10 Mi1000 College Blvd
Pensacola,  FL  32504
(850) 484-1000 53.1010,317
- 178 students | 60.20 Mi12251 Bernard Pkwy
Gulfport,  MS  39503
(228) 896-9727 60.20178
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.