Coahoma Community College
- Coahoma offers a broad array of programs in the academic, vocational and technical areas, as well as many other opportunities to serve your educational and training needs. Since its inception in 1949, CCC boasts of a highly - qualified faculty that is committed to superior educational standards and dedicated service to our community.
- The teacher population of 72 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Coahoma Community College||(MS) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||72 staff||138 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,045 students||2,966 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||22:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,792 students||2,344 students|
|# Part-Time Students||253 students||622 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||340||593|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$23,200||$29,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Coahoma offers a broad array of programs in the academic, vocational and technical areas, as well as many other opportunities to serve your educational and training needs. Since its inception in 1949, CCC boasts of a highly - qualified faculty that is committed to superior educational standards and dedicated service to our community. Life on the Coahoma Community College campus offers students an excellent academic program, opportunities for personal growth, and lasting friendships. Intramural sports are held for both men and women. The Career Development Center is an extensive facility offering students, faculty, staff, and area residents information on a wide range of career-related subjects. Resources available include career references books, materials from professional organizations, job search, resume and interview information. In addition to materials on most careers, the center maintains current information on colleges and universities from throughout the United States including lists of majors, transfer requirements, sources of financial aid and scholarships. The Career Development Center provides career planning and job search assistance throughout the year; assistance is also available in the selection of a college major. Coahoma Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree.
- The nearest community college to Coahoma Community College is Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas (24.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,796 students | 24.80 Mi1000 Campus Drive
Helena,  AR  72342
- 7,559 students | 43.80 Mi4975 Hwy 51 N
Senatobia,  MS  38668
- 2,705 students | 54.50 MiHwy 3 and Cherry St
Moorhead,  MS  38761
- 1,268 students | 57.70 Mi1700 Newcastle Rd
Forrest City,  AR  72335
- 1,561 students | 66.20 Mi2000 West Broadway
West Memphis,  AR  72301
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.