Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas
- The Phillips Community College District is a multi-campus, two-year college serving Eastern Arkansas. The college is committed to individual, organizational and community development. It provides accessible, affordable education, training and public services that are consistent with the goals and objectives of its students and the communities it serves. Through its numerous programs and partnerships, the College provides high quality educational opportunities and supports the economic growth of Eastern Arkansas.
- The teacher population of 80 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||80 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,796 students||1,650 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||631 students||724 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,165 students||926 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,400||$28,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Phillips Community College has always been a leader and innovator in higher education in Arkansas. The College has grown from an original enrollment of fewer than 250 students in 14 program areas to over 2,400 students in academic, occupational/technical, and continuing education programs. New programs are continually being researched and planned so that PCCUA will remain responsive to the needs and interests of the people of Eastern Arkansas. The Helena Campus is conveniently located between the twin cities of Helena and West Helena. The Helena campus is a complex of 13 buildings nestled in the hilly contours of scenic Crowley's Ridge. Students on the Helena campus have unique opportunities available to them such as learning hotel/restaurant management inside the college's center for southern culture -- the historic Pillow-Thompson House -- or gaining restoration carpentry skills through the college's Arkansas Institute for Historic Building Trades. Other programs of study include Allied Health (Nursing, Medical Laboratory Technology, and Phlebotomy), Business (Business Administration, Business Management, Office Technology, and Information Systems Technology), Applied Technology (Behavioral Health Technology, Drafting, Early Childhood Education, Graphic Communications, Manicure Technology, Network Technology, and Welding), Transfer Programs (Biology, Business Administration, Chemistry, Drama, Education, Engineering, English, General Education, Mathematics, Music, Physical Education, Physics, Pre-law, Pre-med, Pre-pharmacy, Social Sciences, and Speech), and more.
- The nearest community college to Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas is Coahoma Community College (24.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,045 students | 24.80 Mi3240 Friars Point Rd
Clarksdale,  MS  38614
- 1,268 students | 34.60 Mi1700 Newcastle Rd
Forrest City,  AR  72335
- 7,559 students | 45.70 Mi4975 Hwy 51 N
Senatobia,  MS  38668
- 1,561 students | 51.40 Mi2000 West Broadway
West Memphis,  AR  72301
- 667 students | 56.20 Mi2655 Dividend Drive
Memphis,  TN  38132
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.