Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas
- The Phillips Community College District is a multi-campus, two-year college serving Eastern Arkansas. The college is committed to individual, organizational and community development. It provides accessible, affordable education, training and public services that are consistent with the goals and objectives of its students and the communities it serves. Through its numerous programs and partnerships, the College provides high quality educational opportunities and supports the economic growth of Eastern Arkansas.
The teacher population of 80 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||80 staff||62 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Phillips Community College has always been a leader and innovator in higher education in Arkansas. The College has grown from an original enrollment of fewer than 250 students in 14 program areas to over 2,400 students in academic, occupational/technical, and continuing education programs. New programs are continually being researched and planned so that PCCUA will remain responsive to the needs and interests of the people of Eastern Arkansas. The Helena Campus is conveniently located between the twin cities of Helena and West Helena. The Helena campus is a complex of 13 buildings nestled in the hilly contours of scenic Crowley's Ridge. Students on the Helena campus have unique opportunities available to them such as learning hotel/restaurant management inside the college's center for southern culture -- the historic Pillow-Thompson House -- or gaining restoration carpentry skills through the college's Arkansas Institute for Historic Building Trades. Other programs of study include Allied Health (Nursing, Medical Laboratory Technology, and Phlebotomy), Business (Business Administration, Business Management, Office Technology, and Information Systems Technology), Applied Technology (Behavioral Health Technology, Drafting, Early Childhood Education, Graphic Communications, Manicure Technology, Network Technology, and Welding), Transfer Programs (Biology, Business Administration, Chemistry, Drama, Education, Engineering, English, General Education, Mathematics, Music, Physical Education, Physics, Pre-law, Pre-med, Pre-pharmacy, Social Sciences, and Speech), and more.
The nearest community college to Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas is Coahoma Community College (18.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,895 students | 18.90 Mi3240 Friars Point Rd
Clarksdale,  MS  38614
(662) 627-2571 18.901,895
- 2,373 students | 22.70 MiHwy 3 and Cherry St
Moorhead,  MS  38761
(662) 246-6322 22.702,373
- 7,618 students | 35.60 Mi4975 Hwy 51 N
Senatobia,  MS  38668
(662) 562-3200 35.607,618
- 1,151 students | 36.70 Mi1700 Newcastle Rd
Forrest City,  AR  72335
(870) 633-0000000 36.701,151
- 1,423 students | 47.40 Mi2000 W. Broadway
West Memphis,  AR  72301
(870) 733-6722 47.401,423
Learn about how the community college tuition hikes in the next year may be greater than the rate of inflation.
In light of the huge budget cuts facing California community colleges, class rationing is now on the table as one option to help schools stay in the black. Is it right, fair or even practical? We’ll explore the issue.
Learn about how some convicted criminals abused community colleges' financial aid programs and why Congress has decided to prohibit criminals from being eligible for future aid.