Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas
- The Phillips Community College District is a multi-campus, two-year college serving Eastern Arkansas. The college is committed to individual, organizational and community development. It provides accessible, affordable education, training and public services that are consistent with the goals and objectives of its students and the communities it serves. Through its numerous programs and partnerships, the College provides high quality educational opportunities and supports the economic growth of Eastern Arkansas.
- The teacher population of 80 teachers has declined by 45% over five years.
|Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||80 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,796 students||1,650 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||631 students||724 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,165 students||926 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.54||0.47|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,400||$28,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Phillips Community College has always been a leader and innovator in higher education in Arkansas. The College has grown from an original enrollment of fewer than 250 students in 14 program areas to over 2,400 students in academic, occupational/technical, and continuing education programs. New programs are continually being researched and planned so that PCCUA will remain responsive to the needs and interests of the people of Eastern Arkansas. The Helena Campus is conveniently located between the twin cities of Helena and West Helena. The Helena campus is a complex of 13 buildings nestled in the hilly contours of scenic Crowley's Ridge. Students on the Helena campus have unique opportunities available to them such as learning hotel/restaurant management inside the college's center for southern culture -- the historic Pillow-Thompson House -- or gaining restoration carpentry skills through the college's Arkansas Institute for Historic Building Trades. Other programs of study include Allied Health (Nursing, Medical Laboratory Technology, and Phlebotomy), Business (Business Administration, Business Management, Office Technology, and Information Systems Technology), Applied Technology (Behavioral Health Technology, Drafting, Early Childhood Education, Graphic Communications, Manicure Technology, Network Technology, and Welding), Transfer Programs (Biology, Business Administration, Chemistry, Drama, Education, Engineering, English, General Education, Mathematics, Music, Physical Education, Physics, Pre-law, Pre-med, Pre-pharmacy, Social Sciences, and Speech), and more.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,045 students | 24.80 Mi3240 Friars Point Rd
Clarksdale,  MS  38614
- 1,268 students | 34.60 Mi1700 Newcastle Rd
Forrest City,  AR  72335
- 7,559 students | 45.70 Mi4975 Hwy 51 N
Senatobia,  MS  38668
- 1,836 students | 51.40 Mi2000 West Broadway
West Memphis,  AR  72301
- 667 students | 56.20 Mi2655 Dividend Drive
Memphis,  TN  38132
December 01, 2017
Learn about trending community college topics this week such as San Francisco's move toward free tuition at community colleges and the rise in hunger and homelessness among community college students across the country.
December 01, 2017
This summer will be wrapping up before we know of it, and your first semester at community college is rapidly approaching. Are you ready for it?
December 01, 2017
To encourage students to pursue higher education, some states are considering plans to offer zero-tuition programs at public community colleges. These programs could make college a reality for many young people, however, critics argue such programs would cost taxpayers a significant amount of money.