Northwest Mississippi Community College
- The mission of Northwest Mississippi Community College is to provide the students of its eleven-county district and beyond with opportunities for obtaining affordable quality education to meet their diverse needs. The comprehensive community and technical college offers students educational experiences through traditional campus-based and distance learning opportunities. Northwest is committed to achieving the following goals: to promote excellence in educational programs; to maintain quality educational support services; to continue responsive administrative processes; to ensure efficient use of financial and physical resources; and to assure institutional effectiveness.
- The teacher population of 280 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Northwest Mississippi Community College||(MS) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||280 staff||138 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,559 students||2,966 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||22:1|
|# Full-Time Students||5,957 students||2,344 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,602 students||622 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||2,065||593|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,500||$29,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Northwest is the place to start your journey to achieving education and career goals. On two campuses, Senatobia and Southaven, Northwest offers the first two years of more than 50 courses of study for academic transfer to a four-year college or university. More than 40 career and technical programs conveniently located at one or more of five locations, prepare students for rewarding occupations. Northwest has an enrollment of over 6,000 located on three campuses - Senatobia, DeSoto Center, and Lafayette-Yalobusha Technical Center. Providing convenient access for the citizens of the 11 counties in its district and the Memphis metropolitan area, Northwest Mississippi Community College has three campuses offering over 100 courses of study in academic, career, and technical divisions. The 247-acre Senatobia campus, distinguished by its historic James P. McCormick Administration Building which has been designated a Mississippi landmark, is the hub of the college. Comprised of 43 buildings including housing facilities for approximately 900 students, the main campus is the site of cultural and extracurricular activities as well as athletic events for students and the community. Northwest Mississippi Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate of Arts degree, the Associate of Applied Science degree, and certificates in career education.
- The nearest community college to Northwest Mississippi Community College is Remington College-Memphis Campus (30.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 633 students | 30.80 Mi2710 Nonconnah Blvd
Memphis,  TN  38132
- 667 students | 30.90 Mi2655 Dividend Drive
Memphis,  TN  38132
- 1,310 students | 33.80 Mi5100 Poplar Avenue, Suite 132
Memphis,  TN  38137
- 1,170 students | 35.60 Mi1003 Monroe Ave
Memphis,  TN  38104
- 10,227 students | 35.70 Mi737 Union Avenue
Memphis,  TN  38103
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.