Northwest Mississippi Community College
- The mission of Northwest Mississippi Community College is to provide the students of its eleven-county district and beyond with opportunities for obtaining affordable quality education to meet their diverse needs. The comprehensive community and technical college offers students educational experiences through traditional campus-based and distance learning opportunities. Northwest is committed to achieving the following goals: to promote excellence in educational programs; to maintain quality educational support services; to continue responsive administrative processes; to ensure efficient use of financial and physical resources; and to assure institutional effectiveness.
- Enrollment: 7,092 students
- In-state tuition: $2,550
- Out-state tuition: $4,950
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 39%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Northwest is the place to start your journey to achieving education and career goals. On two campuses, Senatobia and Southaven, Northwest offers the first two years of more than 50 courses of study for academic transfer to a four-year college or university. More than 40 career and technical programs conveniently located at one or more of five locations, prepare students for rewarding occupations. Northwest has an enrollment of over 6,000 located on three campuses - Senatobia, DeSoto Center, and Lafayette-Yalobusha Technical Center. Providing convenient access for the citizens of the 11 counties in its district and the Memphis metropolitan area, Northwest Mississippi Community College has three campuses offering over 100 courses of study in academic, career, and technical divisions. The 247-acre Senatobia campus, distinguished by its historic James P. McCormick Administration Building which has been designated a Mississippi landmark, is the hub of the college. Comprised of 43 buildings including housing facilities for approximately 900 students, the main campus is the site of cultural and extracurricular activities as well as athletic events for students and the community. Northwest Mississippi Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate of Arts degree, the Associate of Applied Science degree, and certificates in career education.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Northwest Mississippi Community College cost?
Northwest Mississippi Community College's tuition is approximately $2,550 for In-State students and $4,950 for Out-State students.
What is Northwest Mississippi Community College's ranking?
Northwest Mississippi Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Mississippi for: Largest student body.