East Arkansas Community College
Tel: (870) 633-4480
- As an open-door, two-year institution of higher education, East Arkansas Community College's primary focus is a commitment to learning by educating and preparing students to become responsible citizens and contributing members of society.
The teacher population of 50 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|East Arkansas Community College||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||50 staff||62 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The College is dedicated to promoting the intellectual and cultural advancement of the community and to fostering tolerance and mutual respect among its members by offering the human and physical resources of the College. Through these efforts and through its cooperation with other educational institutions, the College is an active partner in the economic and social progress of Eastern Arkansas. Our primary focus is providing students with information and tools to help them make good choices. Academic advisors work closely with students throughout their college stay to establish trust and cultivate long-term advisor-advisee relationships. Students can expect to receive advising that encompasses exploration of life goals; exploration of vocational goals; program and course choices; and scheduling courses. The Learning Resource Center opened in December of 2000. The 15,000 square foot building houses the EACC Library, the Business and Industry Training Center, Continuing and Community Education, Tech Prep, the Distance Learning Lab, the Multimedia Lab, two conference rooms, and two classrooms. EACC offers many opportunities for students to participate in music courses and activities.
The nearest community college to East Arkansas Community College is Arkansas State University Mid-South (31.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,423 students | 31.60 Mi2000 W. Broadway
West Memphis, AR 72301
(870) 733-6722 31.601,423
- 1,520 students | 36.70 Mi1000 Campus Drive
Helena, AR 72342
(870) 338-6474 36.701,520
- 9,347 students | 41.90 Mi737 Union Avenue
Memphis, TN 38103
(901) 333-5000 41.909,347
- 276 students | 42.90 Mi1200 Poplar Ave
Memphis, TN 38104
(901) 726-1977 42.90276
- 611 students | 44.10 Mi2710 Nonconnah Blvd
Memphis, TN 38132
(901) 291-4239 44.10611
A bond measure that would have provided funds for community college expansion and renovation went down in San Mateo County, and we’ll look at how community college officials will handle the loss.
Once merely an afterthought in education, early education may finally be getting the critical attention it deserves. Learn more about how community colleges are playing a role in discovering the value of comprehensive training in early education.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?