East Arkansas Community College
Tel: (870) 633-4480
- As an open-door, two-year institution of higher education, East Arkansas Community College's primary focus is a commitment to learning by educating and preparing students to become responsible citizens and contributing members of society.
The teacher population of 165 teachers has grown by 135% over five years.
|East Arkansas Community College||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||165 staff||162 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The College is dedicated to promoting the intellectual and cultural advancement of the community and to fostering tolerance and mutual respect among its members by offering the human and physical resources of the College. Through these efforts and through its cooperation with other educational institutions, the College is an active partner in the economic and social progress of Eastern Arkansas. Our primary focus is providing students with information and tools to help them make good choices. Academic advisors work closely with students throughout their college stay to establish trust and cultivate long-term advisor-advisee relationships. Students can expect to receive advising that encompasses exploration of life goals; exploration of vocational goals; program and course choices; and scheduling courses. The Learning Resource Center opened in December of 2000. The 15,000 square foot building houses the EACC Library, the Business and Industry Training Center, Continuing and Community Education, Tech Prep, the Distance Learning Lab, the Multimedia Lab, two conference rooms, and two classrooms. EACC offers many opportunities for students to participate in music courses and activities.
The nearest community college to East Arkansas Community College is Arkansas State University Mid-South (31.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,330 students | 31.60 Mi2000 W. Broadway
West Memphis, AR 72301
(870) 733-6722 31.601,330
- 1,541 students | 36.70 Mi1000 Campus Drive
Helena, AR 72342
(870) 338-6474 36.701,541
- 9,433 students | 41.90 Mi737 Union Avenue
Memphis, TN 38103
(901) 333-5000 41.909,433
- 989 students | 42.40 Mi1003 Monroe Ave
Memphis, TN 38104
(901) 572-2468 42.40989
- 340 students | 42.90 Mi1200 Poplar Ave
Memphis, TN 38104
(901) 726-1977 42.90340
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.