East Arkansas Community College
Tel: (870) 633-4480
- As an open-door, two-year institution of higher education, East Arkansas Community College's primary focus is a commitment to learning by educating and preparing students to become responsible citizens and contributing members of society.
The teacher population of 50 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|East Arkansas Community College||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||50 staff||62 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The College is dedicated to promoting the intellectual and cultural advancement of the community and to fostering tolerance and mutual respect among its members by offering the human and physical resources of the College. Through these efforts and through its cooperation with other educational institutions, the College is an active partner in the economic and social progress of Eastern Arkansas. Our primary focus is providing students with information and tools to help them make good choices. Academic advisors work closely with students throughout their college stay to establish trust and cultivate long-term advisor-advisee relationships. Students can expect to receive advising that encompasses exploration of life goals; exploration of vocational goals; program and course choices; and scheduling courses. The Learning Resource Center opened in December of 2000. The 15,000 square foot building houses the EACC Library, the Business and Industry Training Center, Continuing and Community Education, Tech Prep, the Distance Learning Lab, the Multimedia Lab, two conference rooms, and two classrooms. EACC offers many opportunities for students to participate in music courses and activities.
The nearest community college to East Arkansas Community College is Arkansas State University Mid-South (31.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,561 students | 31.60 Mi2000 West Broadway
West Memphis,  AR  72301
(870) 733-6872 31.601,561
- 1,796 students | 36.70 Mi1000 Campus Drive
Helena,  AR  72342
(870) 338-6474 36.701,796
- 10,227 students | 41.90 Mi737 Union Avenue
Memphis,  TN  38103
(901) 333-5000 41.9010,227
- 1,170 students | 42.40 Mi1003 Monroe Ave
Memphis,  TN  38104
(901) 572-2468 42.401,170
- 249 students | 42.90 Mi1200 Poplar Ave
Memphis,  TN  38104
(901) 726-1977 42.90249
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!