East Arkansas Community College
Tel: (870) 633-4480
- As an open-door, two-year institution of higher education, East Arkansas Community College's primary focus is a commitment to learning by educating and preparing students to become responsible citizens and contributing members of society.
- The teacher population of 50 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|East Arkansas Community College||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||50 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,268 students||1,650 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||541 students||724 students|
|# Part-Time Students||727 students||926 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,800||$28,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The College is dedicated to promoting the intellectual and cultural advancement of the community and to fostering tolerance and mutual respect among its members by offering the human and physical resources of the College. Through these efforts and through its cooperation with other educational institutions, the College is an active partner in the economic and social progress of Eastern Arkansas. Our primary focus is providing students with information and tools to help them make good choices. Academic advisors work closely with students throughout their college stay to establish trust and cultivate long-term advisor-advisee relationships. Students can expect to receive advising that encompasses exploration of life goals; exploration of vocational goals; program and course choices; and scheduling courses. The Learning Resource Center opened in December of 2000. The 15,000 square foot building houses the EACC Library, the Business and Industry Training Center, Continuing and Community Education, Tech Prep, the Distance Learning Lab, the Multimedia Lab, two conference rooms, and two classrooms. EACC offers many opportunities for students to participate in music courses and activities.
- The nearest community college to East Arkansas Community College is Arkansas State University Mid-South (31.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,561 students | 31.60 Mi2000 West Broadway
West Memphis,  AR  72301
(870) 733-6872 31.601,561
- 1,796 students | 36.70 Mi1000 Campus Drive
Helena,  AR  72342
(870) 338-6474 36.701,796
- 10,227 students | 41.90 Mi737 Union Avenue
Memphis,  TN  38103
(901) 333-5000 41.9010,227
- 1,170 students | 42.40 Mi1003 Monroe Ave
Memphis,  TN  38104
(901) 572-2468 42.401,170
- 249 students | 42.90 Mi1200 Poplar Ave
Memphis,  TN  38104
(901) 726-1977 42.90249
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
The millennial generation is assumed to be entitled, lazy, and tech-obsessed. When you graduate from college, you may find yourself working against these stereotypes to land your first job. Keep reading to learn some tips for breaking those millennial stereotypes.
If capturing a moment in time calls to you, then consider developing your photography career starting at your community college. Learn about how community colleges can train and prepare you for a career in photography.