East Arkansas Community College
- As an open-door, two-year institution of higher education, East Arkansas Community College's primary focus is a commitment to learning by educating and preparing students to become responsible citizens and contributing members of society.
- The teacher population of 50 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|East Arkansas Community College||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||50 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,268 students||1,650 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||541 students||724 students|
|# Part-Time Students||727 students||926 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,800||$28,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The College is dedicated to promoting the intellectual and cultural advancement of the community and to fostering tolerance and mutual respect among its members by offering the human and physical resources of the College. Through these efforts and through its cooperation with other educational institutions, the College is an active partner in the economic and social progress of Eastern Arkansas. Our primary focus is providing students with information and tools to help them make good choices. Academic advisors work closely with students throughout their college stay to establish trust and cultivate long-term advisor-advisee relationships. Students can expect to receive advising that encompasses exploration of life goals; exploration of vocational goals; program and course choices; and scheduling courses. The Learning Resource Center opened in December of 2000. The 15,000 square foot building houses the EACC Library, the Business and Industry Training Center, Continuing and Community Education, Tech Prep, the Distance Learning Lab, the Multimedia Lab, two conference rooms, and two classrooms. EACC offers many opportunities for students to participate in music courses and activities.
- The nearest community college to East Arkansas Community College is Arkansas State University Mid-South (31.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,561 students | 31.40 Mi2000 West Broadway
West Memphis,  AR  72301
- 1,796 students | 34.60 Mi1000 Campus Drive
Helena,  AR  72342
- 10,227 students | 41.60 Mi737 Union Avenue
Memphis,  TN  38103
- 1,170 students | 42.10 Mi1003 Monroe Ave
Memphis,  TN  38104
- 249 students | 42.60 Mi1200 Poplar Ave
Memphis,  TN  38104
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.