Centura College-Richmond Main
Tel: (804) 330-0111
- Centura College Richmond campus offers degrees and diplomas in massage therapy, network management, practical nurse, medical billing & coding and medical assisting. We are an accredited career school licensed to operate in the State of Virginia. Our college has been in operation since 1992 offering quality education for career minded adults who wish to get a degree or diploma, expand their knowledge or change occupations. Our staff and educators at our Richmond college strive to offer quality education and services that will prepare the student for an entry-level position in their chosen field. We seek out industry leaders in the local community to ensure the hands on training students gain are as realistic to the business setting they will encounter in the future.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Centura College-Richmond Main||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||17 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||167 students||1,577 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||117 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||50 students||860 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,900||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 11,735 students | 2.10 Mi800 Moorefield Pk Dr
Richmond,  VA  23236
(804) 330-5533 2.1011,735
- 10 students | 2.10 Mi800 Moorefield Park Drive
Richmond,  VA  23236
(804) 521-0400 2.1010
- 626 students | 2.70 Mi8141 Hull St Rd
Richmond,  VA  23235
(804) 745-2444 2.70626
- 491 students | 6.40 Mi2000 Westmoreland Street, Suite A
Richmond,  VA  23230
(804) 323-1020 6.40491
- 11,861 students | 10.30 Mi1651 E Parham Road
Henrico,  VA  23228
(804) 371-3000 10.3011,861
To accommodate students' schedules, along with growing enrollment rates, community colleges are offering classes in the late evening. Learn more about why you may be taking midnight classes at a campus near you.
An interesting case arose this week over a community college student in North Carolina that posted a rant about a new campus policy on his Facebook page. The student was suspended for two semesters, but quickly reinstated amid a flurry of protests over his free speech rights.
We examine the advantages and disadvantages of using online classes to earn your two-year degree.