Centura College-Richmond Main
- Centura College Richmond campus offers degrees and diplomas in massage therapy, network management, practical nurse, medical billing & coding and medical assisting. We are an accredited career school licensed to operate in the State of Virginia. Our college has been in operation since 1992 offering quality education for career minded adults who wish to get a degree or diploma, expand their knowledge or change occupations. Our staff and educators at our Richmond college strive to offer quality education and services that will prepare the student for an entry-level position in their chosen field. We seek out industry leaders in the local community to ensure the hands on training students gain are as realistic to the business setting they will encounter in the future.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Centura College-Richmond Main||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||17 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||167 students||1,577 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||117 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||50 students||860 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,900||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 11,735 students | 2.10 Mi800 Moorefield Pk Dr
Richmond,  VA  23236
- 10 students | 2.10 Mi800 Moorefield Park Drive
Richmond,  VA  23236
- 626 students | 2.70 Mi8141 Hull St Rd
Richmond,  VA  23235
- 491 students | 6.40 Mi2000 Westmoreland Street, Suite A
Richmond,  VA  23230
- 11,861 students | 10.30 Mi1651 E Parham Road
Henrico,  VA  23228
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.