- Bryant & Stratton was founded 150 years ago to provide practical workplace education. The requirements of the workplace have continuously evolved since our founding and, as we transition from the industrial to the information age, the evolution has accelerated. Keeping abreast of these contemporary needs requires the college to continuously revise and enhance curriculum, modify outcomes, and embrace or develop new teaching and learning methodologies.
Bryant & Stratton College-Richmond serves 741 students (53% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is higher than the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 79% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 48%.
- Enrollment: 741 students
- Private-state tuition: $16,052
- Student:teacher ratio: 21:1
- Minority enrollment: 79%
- Source: Verified school update
The teacher population of 36 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Bryant & Stratton College-Richmond
(VA) Community College Avg.
Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Bryant & Stratton College-Richmond has grown by 9% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Bryant & Stratton College-Richmond diversity score of 0.59 is less than the state average of 0.67. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $16,052 is more than the state average of $15,590. The private state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- For well over a century, Bryant & Stratton's fundamental mission has been to provide individuals with skills that are immediately transferable to the workplace and to help them develop in their careers. From Dr. J. C. Bryant's Business Practice "learning lab" of the 1850's to the Active Learning of today, and from early correspondence courses conducted via mail to online education and training conducted via the Internet, Bryant & Stratton has evolved into an educational institution poised for the 21st century, committed to the same principles set forth by its founders. Bryant & Stratton College's 15 degree programs provide you with cutting edge skills as well as real-world experience, giving you a decided advantage in fields with exciting futures. Through accelerated degree programs and flexible schedules, including day, evening, weekend or online courses, Bryant & Stratton College can get you into the workforce faster – a career-focused approach that has helped 90% of recent Bryant & Stratton College graduates find placement within their chosen fields. With more than 150 years of teaching experience, Bryant & Stratton offers a variety of Bachelors and Associate degrees at 15 different campus locations. Degrees offered at Richmond Campus includes Accounting, Administrative Assistant, BA - General Management, BA - Information Technology, Business, Criminal Justice, Human Resources Specialist, Information Technology, Medical Assisting and Paralegal Studies.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Bryant & Stratton College-Richmond cost?
Bryant & Stratton College-Richmond's private state tuition is approximately $16,052.
OSHA Training at Community College: Making Workplace Safety Easier
Businesses and prospective employees need to look no further than community colleges for valuable, certified, and affordable OSHA training.
Careers: Smart Grid Tecnology
The "smart grid" presents a myriad of opportunities for green collar jobs. Learn about the job prospects in the industry and how your local community college can provide you with the training to capitalize on this growing industry.
Careers: Culinary Training
Learn about highly acclaimed culinary programs at community colleges.