Bryant & Stratton College-Richmond
Tel: (804) 745-2444
- Bryant & Stratton was founded 150 years ago to provide practical workplace education. The requirements of the workplace have continuously evolved since our founding and, as we transition from the industrial to the information age, the evolution has accelerated. Keeping abreast of these contemporary needs requires the college to continuously revise and enhance curriculum, modify outcomes, and embrace or develop new teaching and learning methodologies.
The teacher population of 36 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Bryant & Stratton College-Richmond||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||36 staff||69 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- For well over a century, Bryant & Stratton's fundamental mission has been to provide individuals with skills that are immediately transferable to the workplace and to help them develop in their careers. From Dr. J. C. Bryant's Business Practice "learning lab" of the 1850's to the Active Learning of today, and from early correspondence courses conducted via mail to online education and training conducted via the Internet, Bryant & Stratton has evolved into an educational institution poised for the 21st century, committed to the same principles set forth by its founders. Bryant & Stratton College's 15 degree programs provide you with cutting edge skills as well as real-world experience, giving you a decided advantage in fields with exciting futures. Through accelerated degree programs and flexible schedules, including day, evening, weekend or online courses, Bryant & Stratton College can get you into the workforce faster – a career-focused approach that has helped 90% of recent Bryant & Stratton College graduates find placement within their chosen fields. With more than 150 years of teaching experience, Bryant & Stratton offers a variety of Bachelors and Associate degrees at 15 different campus locations. Degrees offered at Richmond Campus includes Accounting, Administrative Assistant, BA - General Management, BA - Information Technology, Business, Criminal Justice, Human Resources Specialist, Information Technology, Medical Assisting and Paralegal Studies.
The nearest community college to Bryant & Stratton College-Richmond is Centura College-Richmond Main (2.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 33 students | 2.70 Mi7914 Midlothian Turnpike
Richmond, VA 23235
(804) 330-0111 2.7033
- 11,735 students | 3.50 Mi800 Moorefield Pk Dr
Richmond, VA 23236
(804) 330-5533 3.5011,735
- 10 students | 3.50 Mi800 Moorefield Park Drive
Richmond, VA 23236
(804) 521-0400 3.5010
- 425 students | 8.90 Mi2000 Westmoreland Street, Suite A
Richmond, VA 23230
(804) 323-1020 8.90425
- 10,144 students | 10.90 Mi13101 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Chester, VA 23831
(804) 796-4000 10.9010,144
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.